$1100 Gaming Laptop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Minecraft

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Hi I recently found this notebook to play on. It is the Asus-DB71 Model. I am going to play minecraft,COD,TF2 and Gmod. I will be surfing the web often.The title also says some parts of it.Any good suggestions? My max budget is $1300. From Amazon.com only. I am not from the US.

verma1891

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Post another thread about these, I dont know much about portable gaming peripherals.

MrJak

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

It can play most games decently, though maybe not at 1080p max settings.

I know it can play Minecraft or Borderlands 2, even crysis 1 or 2 (experience with 8800GT, which is slower, backs me up)
Titanfall can even run on it at 720p, in its beta.

MrJak

Honorable
Jun 2, 2013

All of those should play perfectly, though, which Call of Duty are you going to try?
It can apparently do Call of Duty Ghosts at 30fps min, 35 average, and 50 max -- probably around what the Xbox One does.

Every other Call Of Duty should run great.

I will note, however, that the other PCs are better, in the fact that they have more GPU power, though they are less portable and more expensive, but the ASUS seems to be good enough for current games -- though the others can play these games, and then perhaps last longer, and play more games as well.