120w sub with integrated amp and a computer 62w speaker with mini sub

madmaxnxc

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
what im need help with, i want to hookup the 120w sub and the pc speakers to the same volume control, the volume control has to jack ports headphone and Aux. i tried plunging big sub in aux it started make a humming sound idk if that old speaker jack is wired right from the sub i know jack has 2 insulators on it..
can somebody tell me how to do this

ty

Solution
Aux is an input not an output. Can't be used for subwoofer.
You have a self powered subwoofer and a 2.1 self powered PC speaker set?
You want to use all of them at the same time?
If the 2.1 self powered speakers has a sub with the amp built in you could split the input of that and connect both to that connection.
If the 2.1 self powered speakers has the sub amp outside the woofer than you could use a speaker to line level converter to connect the powered subwoofer.
In most cases it's better to use the best subwoofer alone so I would try that too. You could then connect the subwoofer to the sub out on your PC if it has one and the 2.1 to the front outs. Set the PC to 2.1 so bass will go to the better subwoofer.
Aux is an input not an output. Can't be used for subwoofer.
You have a self powered subwoofer and a 2.1 self powered PC speaker set?
You want to use all of them at the same time?
If the 2.1 self powered speakers has a sub with the amp built in you could split the input of that and connect both to that connection.
If the 2.1 self powered speakers has the sub amp outside the woofer than you could use a speaker to line level converter to connect the powered subwoofer.
In most cases it's better to use the best subwoofer alone so I would try that too. You could then connect the subwoofer to the sub out on your PC if it has one and the 2.1 to the front outs. Set the PC to 2.1 so bass will go to the better subwoofer.

Solution

madmaxnxc

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008

I thought about trying a spiltter jack but i wasn't quite sure..
I want to thank you for your help you gave a some options ill try it...

Ty much