14inch notebook and BF2

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
I am taking three month trip and I have been searching for a notebook which is 14" and will play BF2 to kill time while I am not busy. I have not been able to find a notebook yet which has anything more than integrated graphics, which, I don't beleive will run the game at even low settings. Does anybody know of such a machine? 14"+BF2..... thanks for any help offered.

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
well, the reason I am looking @ a 14" is for portability. If 15.4 is the only way to go, then I guess that is my only choice. Brands? I know Lenovo makes a good notebook, moer for the business side though. Dell is a good, everymans notebook from what I have seen. Not saying the are GOOD notebooks, just not horrible ones. Any suggestions. The reason I like the 14" inch notebooks is because of the small footprints.... but I don't think I can buy one with a non integrated gpu.....

Edit. How about these asus notebooks with the ATI mobility X600's and 64mb of dedicated and 64 shared? It must be better than the Intel Integrated.

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
price range is the smallest notebook that will play BF2. This will be a boring trip, and need something to kill time with on my days off.