15 of the Best Windows 7 Programs For Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
The thing with most of these programs is that they´re dependent on the Desktop part of Windows 8 to work! So while we´re still trying to get accustomed to this new Metro style mess for the sake of Windows 8's future suddenly we´re transported back to good ol´ Desktop and we suddenly realize "why the fuck am I even bothering with Metro?"

This is the huge problem that Windows 8 has, I have said it to everyone who has asked me about it, what Windows 8 accomplished imho is to fragment the overall user experience instead of enhancing it. As of right now Metro is just a big "WTF"... maybe months after Windows 8 comes out and people develop a lot of commonly used software to work in Metro made then maybe Windows8 will have a stronger appeal and a better user experience, but as of right now.... WTF Microsoft?

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Seriously, system mechanic and tuneup?? These 'tools' are worthless jokes. You might as well add WinAntiVirus 2012 for all the good these crapware buckets contribute to any PC.

G

Windows 3.11 had antivirus built-in, so it's not a Windows 8 first.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Seriously, system mechanic and tuneup?? These 'tools' are worthless jokes. You might as well add WinAntiVirus 2012 for all the good these crapware buckets contribute to any PC.[/citation]

lol, I was thinking the same thing, maybe Toms was advertising them?

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I know these layouts are useful but they load so painfully slow that I might as well don't read them. Its not my up/down speed either, 30mbps down speed from speedtest.

volvavite

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I wonder if these programs (except Office) will ever be ported to Metro, or Windows RT. My guess is that it will take years to do it. Google chrome already has a Metro port, but significantly lacks functionality.

forestie

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
I regret the time spent to read this. You put PC TuneUp and Microsoft Office on the same level of being "applications". This is like comparing a nuclear plant with an apple. WTF

G

Holy Smoke....

Someone needs to go back to the drawing board with this 15 Programs list!

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
A better title for this article would be:

"15 Programs"

The list of programs that don't work on Windows 8 (but do on Windows 7) is probably less than 15.

The big difference is in the drivers; since drivers are always being hibernated at shutdown, they can get rather flakey at times.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
the vlc clip... as far as i know, anime distributors do not do the karaoke stuff at all, so is that a pirate version?

isnt that a bit hypocritical to sanction people for "piracy advocating" while having a screenshot like that?

G

Holy F*ck it's Kanon! I did NOT expect any THG editor to be a fan of anime. Especially classic sh*t like Kanon!

Mad props to you bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.