15 Programs That Should be on Any New PC

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Install?! You must realize many of these programs can be launched from a portable drive, or even a cloud drive, thus keeping your new system more pristine.

G

Avast? Are you retarded? I've never had more virus infected computers, and problematic uninstalls with any other anti virus. Not even Norton.

And CCleaner? REALLY? Ruins the registry, deletes valid entries, sometimes causes the system to become unbootable.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
After getting all my drivers up to date and the browser of my choosing, the first thing I've always installed up until I built my first Intel PC was Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. It was just a tradition since that was my first PC game as an adult after not having a PC for a number of agonizing years.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
2 questions guys. More of a dilemma actually. Is VLC better than Media Player Classic at ... anything? And, is Dropbox really that much better than Skydrive or Google Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.