17'/19' Turion X2 Laptops

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Archaggelos

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
I was just curious as far as how the nanobot performs. Also, do you have any plans to make a notebook similar to the wakizachi or executioner but with a Turion x2. I prefer amd and would like to avoid intel. While the x2 might not be as good as the Core 2 Duo (I don't actually know this since it is not really possible to compare them at this point) eventually amd will come out with more mobile processors which would fit in the S1 socket that the turion x2 is in.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
It performs really nice, especially for a system that weighs 4.5 lbs soaking wet. The downfall of the system compared to my other ones is that it has the ATI 200M graphics instead of something more powerful.

I would LOVe to offer a X2 dual core system like you mentioned. There are just none out with good GPU's. It is really unfortunate.

HardWareBoss

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
At this point I would wait for the Core 2 Duo. I am getting one at the end of the week and testing it in the Executioner & hopefully Wakizachi.

The Executioner was just upgraded so it should work no problem, the Wakizachi, I am worried will need a BIOS upgrade, and since the CPU isn't even released for a couple more months the likelyhood of a BIOS existing for it is nil.
Post an update on the Core 2 Duo. When you finish testing it.