17 inch screen with 16 GB of RAM that *isn't* a gaming laptop?

Trrkk

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding a laptop with a 17 inch screen and 16 GB of RAM that isn't a gaming/geforce laptop. Not sure what is up with that. Has anyone come across anything like that? I was going for well known laptop vendors, but I'm not picky at this point.

Solution
Sagers most inexpensive 17" model is run off a Geforce MX150. You can put 16GB of RAM in it. That is more of a pro laptop for CAD, Photoshop, Rendering. The MX150 will give you things like CUDA and PhysX if you require it over the integrated INtel graphics.

Doing a search on Newegg reveals a bunch of HP laptops that are 17" with Intel Graphics.

You are right in that not many exist. Most 17" machines are loaded with a Geforce video card of some sort. 15" non gaming laptops are more common for portability reasons. Check out Sager and you can custom spec the chasis of your choice. They are a top grade machine with super warranty and service.

gondo

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Sagers most inexpensive 17" model is run off a Geforce MX150. You can put 16GB of RAM in it. That is more of a pro laptop for CAD, Photoshop, Rendering. The MX150 will give you things like CUDA and PhysX if you require it over the integrated INtel graphics.

Doing a search on Newegg reveals a bunch of HP laptops that are 17" with Intel Graphics.

You are right in that not many exist. Most 17" machines are loaded with a Geforce video card of some sort. 15" non gaming laptops are more common for portability reasons. Check out Sager and you can custom spec the chasis of your choice. They are a top grade machine with super warranty and service.

Solution

Trrkk

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012

Thanks. I had a chat with a friend and it turns out that I pretty much forgot most laptops have open slots for increasing the RAM. That pretty much takes care of this issue.