$188K 3G iPad Is A Slab of Gold and Diamonds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidchild

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I'm punching the first person I see with one of these gold turds...I'll take the charge, I have a clean record ill get off with community service.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
This is probably the first time the Apple Logo was actually worth something, despite the fact they have always charged more for it.

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
I care about the diamonds and gold stones on the iPad...give them to me untouched and keep your useless iPad to yourselves.

G

it was expensive crap to begin with now its extremely expensive crap.

G

But - it's actually worse than the normal iPad. The pad is hard enough to hold for extended periods of time as it is, making the shell out of gold is going to add a ton of weight and make it nearly unusable. How ironic...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'm curious as to what kind a market things such as these actually have.
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]People are being robbed of cellphones and other gadgets as of late. Tote this around and you might as well lose your life.[/citation]
Not just small gadgets, people still rob the big stuff too.
Granted, my phone is easy to steal (small, I leave it around), but it's only worth $70. My bike on the other hand is 40lbs, big and I usually lock it, however it's worth $450.
Why can't people steal my small gadgets instead? They're worth less than my other stuff. :(

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Ah, so this is where all the bling that gets sent off to Cash4Gold ends up. :p

[citation][nom]fenixtx[/nom]/carenotface Gold leafing + super glue = 'omgmassivewinbuttonpressedforstupidvaingreedyamericanconsumers'[/citation]

British retailer, however I'm wondering what planet they live on - the Eurozone is falling into a big pile of excrement, Britain isn't that much better off... but there's always someone out there trying to peddle overpriced rubbish in the hopes that somebody is stupid enough to fork out for it.

How much is one of these actually worth? Who on earth will pay for this and think it's money well spent? You never know, some bright spark may actually think there is a market for this.

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Seriously whoever would buy this is out of their mind.. its going to be obsolete in a couple years and seriously... $188K!!?? That could support a chunk of cities youth going to school or something better... disgust me people would even make ONE for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.