1967 Magnavox Vintage Console

germanshepherd3944

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
I bought a 1967 Magnavox Imperial Astro Sonic Home Theater with Color TV & Phantom Remote Control!!
It is called the (Ageaen-Model) with (2) Front Slidding Door's to Hide Screen!! This Model is Solid Pecan Wood!! The Turntable & AM/FM Stereo Tuner Work's but the TV don't work!! So what could be Wrong with the TV??
I am looking for (4) Floor Roller's i need the Plastic Insert's also!! They were used from 1965 through 1971!!
Also I got another Question!! I got these Magnavox 15" Super Woofer's with the Over sized Magnet's made by (CTS) can I switch them out? Mine has the small Magnet's on them!! So how do i fix the TV to work again!!

Solution
Old TVs don't have replaceable boards so unless you are an experienced tech don't try. High voltages in the TV can be fatal. Some parts may not be available anymore either. I would suggest removing the chassis of the TV and getting a TV to put in its place. You could get a flatscreen or pick up an old tube TV( free on Craigslist). That would maintain the cool factor and make it usable too. Get one with analog audio output (or headphone out) and you can connect it to the aux input on the stereo.
You can change woofers but it may not sound better. No harm in trying. A lot of work if the holes aren't the same size.
Old TVs don't have replaceable boards so unless you are an experienced tech don't try. High voltages in the TV can be fatal. Some parts may not be available anymore either. I would suggest removing the chassis of the TV and getting a TV to put in its place. You could get a flatscreen or pick up an old tube TV( free on Craigslist). That would maintain the cool factor and make it usable too. Get one with analog audio output (or headphone out) and you can connect it to the aux input on the stereo.
You can change woofers but it may not sound better. No harm in trying. A lot of work if the holes aren't the same size.

Solution