1st Timer

timw128

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hello, and Happy New Year!- I am going to venture into the Smartphone realm and could use some advice. Please, let's not get into the Great Debate between Android vs. Apple, though. Thank-you!
I am taking a good, hard look at the Droid Razr via Verizon. I am certain that I want to go with Verizon as my carrier. Their service is the best where I am at. With that said, I am wondering what a good data pack volume to start out with would be. I don't want to get laden down with Apps, nor do I really want to do anymore than run my email progs and Facebook. I came close to going with the Droid Bionic, but it seems I may have made the right choice waiting for the Razr. Also, what would be a recommended Security App for the Droid platform, that isn't a resource hog?
Thanks for any and all input!
tim

Solution
I would go with the 4GB plan to start with for $30. Use it for two or three month just so that you can get an understand of your own personal baseline usage. If you don't use more than 300MB of data per month, then you should be able to downgrade to the $20 month plan. Just check with a Verizonwireless rep to make sure you can downgrade.

I have the old $35 "unlimited plan" which was required back in 2010. For a month I decided to see just how much data I can possibly use. I did a lot of surfing, downloads, streamed youtube videos, etc. I normally just started something, then I ignored my phone so that it do whatever it was doing. It was hard work to use around 4GB of data during that month. I probably use 50MB of data per week which...
I would go with the 4GB plan to start with for $30. Use it for two or three month just so that you can get an understand of your own personal baseline usage. If you don't use more than 300MB of data per month, then you should be able to downgrade to the $20 month plan. Just check with a Verizonwireless rep to make sure you can downgrade.

I have the old $35 "unlimited plan" which was required back in 2010. For a month I decided to see just how much data I can possibly use. I did a lot of surfing, downloads, streamed youtube videos, etc. I normally just started something, then I ignored my phone so that it do whatever it was doing. It was hard work to use around 4GB of data during that month. I probably use 50MB of data per week which isn't really a lot, but that there have been times I've used up to 100MB per week.

Download an app called "My Verizon Mobile" which allows you to monitor your account activity including days left in billing period, remaining minutes, # of text message used and data used.

If you are asking about an anti-virus app, I use "Lookout".

Solution