2.1 system doubt

Solution
It's not so much the raw power that's important as it is the quality of the speakers (drivers, woofer, and magnets) and their capability of carrying the entire wide frequency response of the human ear's ability (20Hz-20kHz).

The Logitech's specs are 55Hz-20kHz (the base is the lower Hz frequency, so the Logitech doesn't have deep base). The Edifier's, which I'm not familiar with since it is not sold in the US, has specs of 30Hz-20kHz. Also the Edifier has a larger subwoofer, which would explain the deeper base numbers.

So based on those specs alone without listening to them or even feeling them for quality, I'd go with the Edifier's for the same price. Plus they just look cooler!

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
It's not so much the raw power that's important as it is the quality of the speakers (drivers, woofer, and magnets) and their capability of carrying the entire wide frequency response of the human ear's ability (20Hz-20kHz).

The Logitech's specs are 55Hz-20kHz (the base is the lower Hz frequency, so the Logitech doesn't have deep base). The Edifier's, which I'm not familiar with since it is not sold in the US, has specs of 30Hz-20kHz. Also the Edifier has a larger subwoofer, which would explain the deeper base numbers.

So based on those specs alone without listening to them or even feeling them for quality, I'd go with the Edifier's for the same price. Plus they just look cooler!

Solution

ien2222

Distinguished
There's no way that the Edifier is flat to 30Hz with a 6.5" driver for the sub, at best it's mid to low 40's though I suspect it's more around the 50Hz. On top of that it uses a single driver for the sats which provides problems of it's own, not that I'm necessarily a fan of the dual driver sats that most other PC systems use (without a quality crossover there's other kinds of problems).

I'd say that if you can, listen to both and see which one you like more. If you have to blind buy...I'm not sure, I've never been that impressed with anything by Logitech, but I've never heard anything from Edifier however I know some of their other kit is decently reviewed, so I guess I'll lean towards them.

solz0r

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
thanks guys...
edifier is coming lets see.. i cant hear any of them.. then I will trust the reviews I read everywhere. Overall I got the idea that in quality edifier > logitech