2 4 ohms SVC sub to 1 4 ohm DVC sub to 1 ohm?

Dec 3, 2015
Hi, I'm wandering if this is possible/if so how to wire my 2 12" kicker comps 4 ohm SVC and 1 MB-Quart DW1-304 12" sub 4 ohm DVC to 1 ohm impedance. I'm
Using a MB-Quart Da. 1200.1, 2 channel mono-block.

chris-L

Estimable
Nov 13, 2015
You say the amp is 2 channels, but a net search shows it as 1 channel for that model. If it is 2 channel hookup a pair of speakers to each channel. 1 MB DVC to one side the 2 kicker SVC's to other. BUT if it is mono then sure it's possible to run all those speakers at the same time, but you would probably be safer just hooking up your 2 SVC speakers or the 1 DVC speaker to that mono amp.
hook the speaker leads in parallel, 2 pluses to the amp, 2 minuses to the amp.
If you hookup both kicker speakers and the MB DVC speaker at the same time to a mono amp you may hear an efficiency problem
between them depending on each speakers audio power curve and the impedance load presented to the amp would be so low
the excessive current could damage the amp, even though it says it has 3 protection circuits.
best bet would be to run 1 pair voice coils off one amp and the 2nd pair voice coils off a second amp.
then you could adjust input gain to match the speakers more efficiently.
if it is a 2 channel amp, then fine, hookup 2 kickers to 1 side the MB-DVC to the other. again in parallel.