2 HDMI to 1 HDMI and 3.5mm?

adamk33n3r

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
I need something that has at least 2 HDMI in and 1 HDMI. It also needs to have a separate audio out either in RCA or 3.5mm. It would have a switch to toggle which hdmi to send out and which audio to send out.

Is there such a thing? And if so, is it cheap?

Thanks

Solution
Huh... I forgot that this actually does what you're looking to do (I think).

4X1 HDMI® Switcher w/ Toslink & Digital Coaxial Port (Rev.2) w/ 3D support..

I actually had this device running a couple of years back when I had to manually switch between my Cable Set Top Box and my HTPC.

-Wolf sends

Edit: LOL!!! I never had any problems with it switching, but whenever I powered off the devices, it always defaulted to device 1 when I powered items back up.

Such devices exist for computers. They're called Keyboard, Video, Monitor or KVM switches. If you're looking for a way to switch between two computers, then this StarTech 2 Port HDMI w/ Audoi KVM is what you're looking for (I'd look elsewhere for a better price).

These devices are intended to work with computers. I've never tried using one for normal home theater components so I don't know if it would work. If you could explain what it is you're trying to do, we may be able to assist you further.

-Wolf sends

adamk33n3r

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

Ya that is kinda what I was looking for. So here is what I have. I actually forgot that I have 3 inputs but 2 is ok if thats all there is.

So I have an xbox, a laptop, a desktop, a tv, and some speakers with 3.5mm input. What I would like to happen is there be a hub in which I can plug all three things (xbox, laptop, desktop) into the hub and have the video go to the tv and the audio go the speakers and then I'd be able to switch which input I wish to use. To me this sounds like something that would be common but the more I've researched it the more it seems as though this isn't a common thing to do.

EDIT: This is sorta the thing that I want. Although this has poor reviews about it not switching correctly. http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Switcher-Toslink-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B003L14WB8/

EDIT: So I actually already have one of these: http://www.amazon.com/EnjoyGadgets-Switcher-Selector-Auto-switching-Support/dp/B0090QJ9V6/ and if I use this (http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Premium-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00AHS8LD8/) after that would that work? It's disappointing that I'd have to use two devices but if it works...also I have an RCA to 3.5mm so that's not a problem.

You know, I wouldn't have this problem if my TV just had an audio out of some sort...

Huh... I forgot that this actually does what you're looking to do (I think).

4X1 HDMI® Switcher w/ Toslink & Digital Coaxial Port (Rev.2) w/ 3D support..

I actually had this device running a couple of years back when I had to manually switch between my Cable Set Top Box and my HTPC.

-Wolf sends

Edit: LOL!!! I never had any problems with it switching, but whenever I powered off the devices, it always defaulted to device 1 when I powered items back up.

Solution