2 people using 1 computer?

Hambros

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
Hey guys, about to order my new gaming pc, and was wondering if there are any mainstream/popular programs or techniques that support a way to share a PC.

Ergo: My brother likes to game a bit, mostly console, but with this new PC he may switch to our master race. Of course, I don't have enough time in my day to share my computer with him, unless of course, he could plug in a separate mouse and keyboard, along with our tv, and use my computer as well.

If this is possible, here is my rig:

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Nepton 280L 122.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card
Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I'd be looking for both of us to be able to play BF4 or games like that at the same time. Ultra? Maybe that wouldn't be necessary. High, and 60 FPS? Most definitely.

Thanks in advance

Solution
There used to be companies advertising PCs with that sort of multi-user feature bundled but I do not remember seeing any in years. Not sure but I think they got shot down by Microsoft telling them the regular Windows license does not cover multiple simultaneous users.

InvalidError

Distinguished
There used to be companies advertising PCs with that sort of multi-user feature bundled but I do not remember seeing any in years. Not sure but I think they got shot down by Microsoft telling them the regular Windows license does not cover multiple simultaneous users.

Solution

Hambros

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

That's disappointing. Oh well. Thanks for the info

Multi computer use like this won't work well with games. Also you should check the cost of the product. You will need to by an access license and chances are they won't just sell to an individual as that product is designed for corporations and schools.