2 stereo into surround

Aug 9, 2018
I'm currently using 1 stereo speaker
for my PC and I have the other one lying around, is there any way to convert these into 1 5.1 system

To clarify you have a pair of speakers and you have a single one of the pair connected to your PC? Why?
If you only have a single speaker connected to the PC you aren't even getting stereo.
To get 5.1 you will need 5 speakers plus a subwoofer (that's the .1). If your PC has green, orange, and black audio outputs you would be able to connect powered speakers directly to the PC. Two of those could be the ones you have.

Traditore

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
You'll need 5.1 Digital Sound Decoder Converter ($30), one more central speaker and a subwoofer to get true 5.1. You can connect your 2*2 stereo speakers to a 5.1 Digital Sound Decoder Converter, but I'm not sure how it sounds without center and sub.

You have 1 pair of stereo speaker, you then said you have a second pair. That's 4 speakers. WHERE is the .1? the subwoofer?

Modern PCs tend to have surround built-in, do u see center/sub jack(s) on the back? that's it. Otherwise you have to buy a sound card for the trick.

U don't need to have a subwoofer but 5.1 is that. Ur PC or new sound card should be able to play 4 speakers, won't be true surround but fake surrounds or stereo with back fill.

To clarify you have a pair of speakers and you have a single one of the pair connected to your PC? Why?
If you only have a single speaker connected to the PC you aren't even getting stereo.
To get 5.1 you will need 5 speakers plus a subwoofer (that's the .1). If your PC has green, orange, and black audio outputs you would be able to connect powered speakers directly to the PC. Two of those could be the ones you have.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Defyant51 Audio 1
theking4mayor Audio 6
V Audio 1
yman1956 Audio 2
R Audio 1
W Audio 4
T Audio 1
ArAnd0mPers0n Audio 4
A Audio 2
D Audio 1
philanthropic1989 Audio 1