Question 2 users on laptop can see each others email

Jan 31, 2020
My boyfriend is a secondary acct user on my laptop. We were surprised to find out he can see my email and i can see his plus all his Google bookmarks and several acct tabs through Chrome. How can this be? How can we stop this? I know he syncs everything on all his devices and i think thats how this is happening. He is an advid Google and Chrome user and i am not but on occassion i have to use Chrome to access some of my business sites. If i click on Chrome a Google home page pops up and on the top are all his various acct tabs. They require his passwords of course so i cannot get into his accts but his bookmarks are visable.

One day he stumbled upon my gmail acct and i am not sure how that happened so i am wondering how he can see my gmail acct on his sign in?

I always log out on all my accts so i dont understand how this is happening and how to stop it.

Can anyone out there help with this?
Thanks a ton
Brat

Jan 31, 2020
Good morning helpstar, thank you for your reply! We do use seperate logins. Its Windows 10 and he does sync all his accts on all his devices and he hates logging out of Google.
Also i forgot to mention that when i click on Chrome i can see my yahoo accts which i usually log out of but if i don't he would be able to see my mail. Is it because he doesnt log out of Google?

MDTOP

Great
Jun 6, 2019
Start over, have him save his stuff and delete that account. Then add his account with a slight name change then test.
If it was my computer, I'd tell him to get his own.

Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for your reply MDTOP. Well i am about to tell him to remove his stuff from my laptop if he wants to continue syncing. He only has his acct on my laptop because there were times when he was at my house and needed to use mine so at the time idk he synced all his stuff and didnt know this could happen. He only uses mine occasionally when he doesnt have his.

Good morning helpstar, thank you for your reply! We do use seperate logins. Its Windows 10 and he does sync all his accts on all his devices and he hates logging out of Google.

When you say separate logins you mean to Windows right, not just to Gmail? If that is the case the only way this could happen if you and/or him logged on to your accounts in Google on the wrong Windows account. But you can just log him out or vice versa or do an account switch, which is very easy to do in the Chrome browser. I usually have 3-4-5 accounts on my browser between a few of mine and my kids.