200,000 Android Phones Are Being Sold Each Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]How does Google make any money from Android? Its free.[/citation]

through ads and search on the device just like everything google does it all boils down to search and ad revenue. They even make money off of search on iphones, stupid apple.

DREAMER_ES

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
I'm stranded by general shortage of HTC Desires and Nexus Ones in Vodafone here in Spain. I may consider switching to Movistar for a Samsung Galaxy S, but Movistar is a little more expensive than Vodafone... (and heard rummors of short battery time and no will to update to 2.2 by Samsung) :S

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]i7Rocks[/nom]through ads and search on the device just like everything google does it all boils down to search and ad revenue. They even make money off of search on iphones, stupid apple.[/citation]
Sorry, I understand that, just the way that the article phrased it
while speaking about the success of Android and discussing whether or not the revenue garnered from the mobile OS was enough to make the project worth it, Schmidt said the idea behind Android was to drive search
it sounded like they expected Google to make money from Android some other way.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
The HTC Desire is sex. It's the first time I sat down, and with no reservations said 'this is better than the iPhone'.

How un-wrong was I?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]DREAMER_ES[/nom]I'm stranded by general shortage of HTC Desires and Nexus Ones in Vodafone here in Spain. I may consider switching to Movistar for a Samsung Galaxy S, but Movistar is a little more expensive than Vodafone... (and heard rummors of short battery time and no will to update to 2.2 by Samsung) :S[/citation]
Here in Canada, Telus was supposedly getting the Desire months ago, but it still has no official release date. I know 2 people that are going to pick one up when its available.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Man I bet the AT&T exclusivity is killing Apple right now. I bet they can't wait to make the iPhone available on all carriers to compete with Android.

Also doesn't Google make money from Android App market purchases? Do they charge for consulting to carriers?

phillipmeyers99

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
WOW, 200,000 a day eh, looks like they will sell 74,million phones this year, 6.2 mill a month. These numbers seem to be far fetched to say the least.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]phillipmeyers99[/nom]WOW, 200,000 a day eh, looks like they will sell 74,million phones this year, 6.2 mill a month. These numbers seem to be far fetched to say the least.[/citation]

no, see... that's what happens when its on DOZENS of phones oh hundreds of networks at a time... not just one. the only thing that's far-fetched is thinking apple stands any chance of remaining dominant.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
let's all pretend android is apple for a second.

TOM'S STOP POSTING ALL THESE STUPID ANDROID ARTICLES UP, NO1 WANTS TO READ ABOUT THEM

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
200,000 a day? wow. Good, I'm glad people are making the switch. I showed people my EVO and 3 of em went and got one the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.