$2K - $3K Touchscreen/Portable Gaming Laptop

RampageJ5

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi everyone.
I’m currently looking for a laptop for school. I already have a rig at home, but I would still prefer a gaming/high-performance laptop for school. I was eyeing the Razer Blade 2016, but it just got updated to the GTX 1060. Currently the Razer Blade is going to be the laptop I get, however, its GTX 1060 is throwing me off just a bit. I love everything else about it though. I also was looking at the GTX 1070 EVGA SC17, but the weight of it is throwing me off for that one too. Plus, it doesn’t have a touchscreen. I know the GTX 1060 is just fine for a lot of games, but the 1070 hits the sweet spot, personally, for maximum settings with AA at 1080p with a lot of new games. I'm willing to compromise on the GPU though if it means getting a two-in-one (*cough* Surface Book 2 *cough*).

TLDR: Looking at Razer Blade, EVGA SC17, for a thin GTX 10 Series Laptop.

Overall: I am LF a high-end laptop with a GTX 10 Series Card, preferably a GTX 1070, touchscreen and is portable (Preferably ~1 Inch or less, and ~5 pounds or less). Screen Size doesn’t matter.

Forgive me if I forgot to put anything, still kind of new to asking for help on the forums. Just looking for some good recommendations. :D

~Jay

Edit: Laptop Questions

1. What is your budget?
~$3000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
~14-17 Inches
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080P + ; AKA 3K, 4K, 1080P 120 Hz, etc. However, 1080p or higher resolutions with touchscreen would be highly appreciated
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable Laptop, 2 in 1 would be great
5. How much battery life do you need?
~4 hours or better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
A lot of new games with max settings (No Man's Sky, Forza Horizon 3, LoL, etc..) at 1080P (or more), or max settings w/o AA at 1080P
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Heavy photo-editing, light video-rendering w/ After Effects, Learning to Code, Office 2016, Mathematica, and mabye, if even, CUDA
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
~256 GB+ ; 128 GB is just fine for essential programs and I am fine with it, but 256 would be nice
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Amazon.com is probably going to be my only option, but might be able to use other sites. I will not buy from XoticPC.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 Years or more
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
All of them (Twas a prank :p, Don't need any)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus - Love their desktop components, always exceed my expecttations;MSI - Own a GT80-2QE Titan, they are fine, but the workmanship is slightly shoddy; Razer - As their Razer Blade seems to suit my purpose, and Linus loves them :D
13. What country do you live in?
Unites States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Overall: I am LF a high-end laptop with a GTX 10 Series Card, preferably a GTX 1070, touchscreen and is portable (Preferably ~1 Inch or less, and ~5 pounds or less). Screen Size doesn’t matter.

RampageJ5

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
~Bump~
No one has responded yet. I posted this to see if anyone knew of any laptops that might be good choices, as touchscren and thin gaming laptops seem to be a relatively unknown topic.

Robert Stanford

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
I dont really have a answer for you, but I myself am asking the same question you are. I really would like to get a laptop that built well, has a touchscreen, and a gtx 1070. The closet thing I can find would be the new razer blade.