cratose99

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
I need help deciding weather to get a VR or buy 2 more monitors for my rig?
would one be more beneficial, more fun,a better buy, something not gonna regret or something with a lifetime of use .

Solution
You are more likely to get "a lifetime of use" out of a pair of monitors than a VR headset and a pair of monitors will be useful for many things aside from gaming if you use your PC for other stuff. If VR does become popular, there is no doubt that there will be better and cheaper headsets in not-so-distant future.

I'd also be wary of buying into something that doesn't have a vendor-agnostic API. To me, it feels like VR is still in its early-adopter/open-beta phase.

InvalidError

Distinguished
You are more likely to get "a lifetime of use" out of a pair of monitors than a VR headset and a pair of monitors will be useful for many things aside from gaming if you use your PC for other stuff. If VR does become popular, there is no doubt that there will be better and cheaper headsets in not-so-distant future.

I'd also be wary of buying into something that doesn't have a vendor-agnostic API. To me, it feels like VR is still in its early-adopter/open-beta phase.

Solution

cratose99

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

What do you think of the razer vr that is open source and seems to be more compatible

InvalidError

Distinguished
As someone who gets queasy playing many 3D games for more than a few minutes at a time unless well-rested, I don't plan to touch VR until the 3rd gen or later. Let researchers and game developers improve motion sickness mitigation techniques before trying it.