cratose99

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
I need help deciding weather to buy a VR or buy 2 more monitors for my rig?
some of the questions that i have are

would one be more beneficial, more fun,a better buy, something not gonna regret or something with a lifetime of use and the razer vr is it the future would it fix the compatibility with many games.

Solution
Calling shenanigans on all the responses...

Cause lets' breakdown the information you have provided to make a educated decision...

Question(s):
- What is your available open-floor free space?
- What are you going to do with a 3-monitor setup?
(aka, is this sheer gaming or do you work from home / video editing / productivity software?)
- Why do you want VR anyways?
- Do you have $800 disposable for a whim?

It pretty much comes down to those questions. Mind you, I am writing off the Oculus Rift till they get touch controls, so with the HTC you want a moderate amount of free space to enjoy the system to the fullest. Then it really comes down to what kind of gamer you are / what kind of experience you want to get.

It really is...

BruhLovin

Commendable
May 1, 2016
In my hones opinion? Don't get VR yet, it's hyped and so will the prices that come along with it. If you buy 3 monitors, you're investing on 3 things you can use for the long run and can be sold when upgraded. As to VR? It's new to the market and what happens when it gets main stream and the prices drastically drop? From say $800 HTC Vive down to $300 or so? Plus there aren't even many games for VR yet. Think about this.
The monitors can be reused for many other purposes, the VR is solely for entertainment purposes.

xKaniz

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

But don't say, it's a hell a lot of fun! :D

cratose99

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

would there be a place i could test out a vr system to see if i would like it?

xKaniz

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

Unfortunately, I don't think so :(

cratose99

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

you ever seen the razer vr?

Tri23

Respectable
May 31, 2016
Calling shenanigans on all the responses...

Cause lets' breakdown the information you have provided to make a educated decision...

Question(s):
- What is your available open-floor free space?
- What are you going to do with a 3-monitor setup?
(aka, is this sheer gaming or do you work from home / video editing / productivity software?)
- Why do you want VR anyways?
- Do you have $800 disposable for a whim?

It pretty much comes down to those questions. Mind you, I am writing off the Oculus Rift till they get touch controls, so with the HTC you want a moderate amount of free space to enjoy the system to the fullest. Then it really comes down to what kind of gamer you are / what kind of experience you want to get.

It really is apples and oranges.. like buying an SUV versus an electric sports car. They get you there.. but in different ways.

Put it this way.... VR is still sort of experimental, and while it is the future, the software hasn't caught up. It's fun, awesome, and I love it.. but it is a lifestyle choice. Sorta like buying a trampoline or a billards table. It could be the coolest thing in your life, or it could just sit collecting dust.

**lol** I remember people used to have this conversation about PC's... soundcards... flatscreens... laptops... pretty much every tech...except the IBM Lightpen. :p

Solution

cratose99

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

-Well i got plenty of open space and desk space
-Im only a gamer so use it for gaming
-VR seems like a good option for i guess accessories like what a steering wheel brings to a racing game
and im only spending 100 on 2 monitors to add to mine but the osvr is only 300 looking at it again im think im gonna pick up 2 monitors then next year get a vr..

ajpaolello

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I use VR and I think it's amazing. As long as you understand that it's more for gaming rather than productivity, triple monitor can be for both, and see some games that are out for it before buying. Racing games cab be great or they can be nauseous (I've experienced both)