News 3 things that will make using your laptop way more comfortable

Feb 26, 2024
An external keyboard and an external mouse is a huge help to many laptops. However, in the first place, please don't ignore the basic ergonomics of a Laptop. Many laptops now come with a trackpad that is not symmetrically aligned under the space bar -- but is placed more towards the center of the laptop. I find this a poor ergonomic design, as fast typing requires index fingers to be able to comfortably reach 'F' and the 'J' keys. These keys have a notch on them, for a reason!

Poor ergonomics: a trackpad that is not aligned with the space bar (above it) is not going to invite palms to rest in optimal position. The right hand will be forced to be farther away from 'H' key, since the trackpad has shifted more towards right. Can't rest the palm on the trackpad! The problem is also compounded as trackpad becomes huge!

I have found many Lenovo laptops still follow good ergonomic layout. And few other brands. But what happened to new Macs -- with the best keyboard out there, IMHO, but their trackpad is not aligned to the space bar. I almost purchased a LG superlight 17" laptop, but for its trackpad location.