300,000 Android Phones Activations Each Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
The general public is finally realizing that the Steve HandJobs iPhone is an small antique lock down piece of crap on Americas worst network. Seriously Steve Handjobs; 4 years before the iPhone could change the black background on non jail broken iPhone.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]speedemon[/nom]Steve HandJobs... made my day[/citation]

I would probably have used a different 4 letter word in fornt of Jobs starting with a B but I learned as a kid that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all, so I guess we do have Apple and the iPhone to thank for speeding up the development of smartphones. If it handn't been for them I guess most of us would still be stuck on crappy Symbian or RIM based phones.

I must admit that while I was enthusiastic about the Android platform I was wary about the rapid refresh rate that wasn't always backwards upgradable on all devices because of different set-ups on different phones. With the latest Gingerbread version we have finally reached a completely device-independent OS though that is superior, and on superior hardware to any of the competition.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Apple has made a contribution to the mobile device market and the iphone was really something when it first hit the market. They made it possible to carry the Internet in your pocket in way that had not really been done before. However the Apple business and marketing strategies are really detrimental to the concept of cheap and accessible computing to the masses. I will be upgrading my old brick to a Android phone when the time comes.

jayevergreen

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Bash Steve Jobs? Hate Apple or love Apple - it really doesn't matter. He is all about the business of making money. I may use whatever phone that suits me and my personality, but I will invest in Apple and take the money I make to the bank. Cha-Ching!

kanaida

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
hahaha... a few months from now and he'll be changing his name to Steve Hand Jobs lol...

I knew apple would go out of business sooner or later, just because they run commercials people seem to think that company is big. But their whole business model, and product line is the flaw. They rely solely on hardware devices. So if they make a crappy device (the iphone 4 is just the first crack, I can't believe people put up with a non working *phone* device, and someone who just makes excuses instead of fixing the problem), then their fad will be over and the same thing will happen to them like 80's haircuts and mullets.

I have to say, I never really liked apple things in general. But mostly from a usability standpoint because It's totally backwards from windows and I felt it was not natural feeling. I did give an honest try on the ipad (boss gave it to me for the weekend to asses it as a target for an internal app), and I have to say I felt it was inadequate in many ways, for example a pdf viewer with no search, or reeeaaally slow spreadsheets, missing lots of web related things because flash wasnt there, etc... and then I got a cheap entry level droid and I was flying, I still can't keep my hands off of it. There's so many things to do, and it just feels natural to use. It gets better and better everyday.

I feel as liberated as when I installed linux mint 10 on my laptop and threw windows away. It was the first time I'd ever felt a linux distro was at the point where I was happy and didn't even have to think about using windows for something.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I wish I could just delete all these spam comments and restore some normality to proceedings... or at the very least, not see anything with a negative rating unless you click to see it as with DailyRadar or YouTube.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I have to admit I have an Android phone and absolutely love it.... I personally like it much better than the iphones I've used, but that's just my opinion....

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Go Android !!!

Somewhat Proud Unsupported G1 Owner... that I had to Root and Flash to Cyanogenmod for the better Android 2.2

(If anyone has a G1 and wants to update past 1.5... google cyanogenmod, they have all the instructions.. all I can say is read, re-read and be sure that you do...)

G

How hard is it toms to stop multiple website link postings and ascii art, really really how hard is it really!!!

Please tell me you are trying to do something about the spam at least!

G

As a comp tech I will go Window 7 for professional...Android for Web-surfing and Iphone to date a girl...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]How hard is it toms to stop multiple website link postings and ascii art, really really how hard is it really!!!Please tell me you are trying to do something about the spam at least![/citation]

We are. I promise.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Maybe you can start by deleting the accounts of those who spam. For example Meijin67 has made over 150 posts. I checked his profile. Why can't his account just be banned or deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.