FloppyTacoes

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014
I need a >300$ laptop for me to do homework, Minecraft, and a couple other lightweight games. I would prefer an AMD A6 or better. (Something that will play at at least 5 chunks render distance @ 40 FPS)

limitzvfxgoespc

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013

tbh why would you go on this forum for a 300 dollar laptop. there all the same you won't get any increase even if you spend 100 bucks more.if i was you i would wait till i have 600 dollars ish so i can have a low end desktop and at least play demanding games at low. if you don't want to go down that path yeh that laptop is fine for minesweeper and minecraft

LummusMaximus

Honorable
Still, for the price, that is a very decent system. However, I have to agree with limitzvfxgoespc, you really only need the help of a tech forum if you're going to spend a more substantial sum. That laptop will play minecraft, though. It definitely will, I can confirm.

jammy12789

Honorable
Aug 4, 2013
That is a great laptop, However, if you are only using it for minecraft and not moving it around I would go for a desktop. Desktop PC's will give you more "Bite". But minecraft isn't a very intensive game and you also said that you wanted to play other "Light-weight" games then you should be fine with a A6 overall. A8's are good but A6 are decent enough and are quite cheap compared to their A8 counter-parts.

Here is a desktop that you may be looking for: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-A6-5400K-Windows-Desktop-DX4380G-UW308/dp/B00C2CSC0E/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1392560993&sr=1-4&keywords=amd+a6+desktop

All you would have to buy now is a monitor which you can get a pretty decent one at about $50-$90

Kind regards,
-James