32GB eMMC too small

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USAFRet

Illustrious

You are seeing it in Paint?
Then hit the SAVE button!
Remember where you save it.
Then, go through tinypic...

USAFRet

Illustrious
OK...
The Recovery folder is taking up 15% (3.7GB). Move that off to the D drive.

If you notice, your Program Files and Program FIles (x86) is under 2GB total. Applications are TINY.

Total, you're using 24.4GB out of that drive. Which is actually only a little over 28GB actual usable space.
So...there should be sufficient space to have OOo and LastPass on there no problem.As noted above, the install of OOo is under 1GB.

Add..I still maintain that you should be able to install someing on the 128GB SD card.
File Explorer sees it as the D drive?
Install something, and see if it will let you install to that drive.

Lifechng1946

Honorable
Jul 2, 2014
Under settings I find: System Files 12.2 GB, Virtual Memory 1.26GB, Hibernation 1.56GB System restore= o.oGB File Explorer sees the SD card as D drive... I don't know how to move Recovery... I try to find it in Win Exp. with no luck. Under Settings, Storage, I can see C & D drives, but can't really read what's in them. Can't find it under Apps & Features... Where should I look?

Dec 15, 2018

Windows 10 downloads windows upgrade files and uses more space, and your hd is full again in a few days... I had the same problem so I installed Linux Ubuntu to replace windows. There is no chance to work with windows 10 at 32gb without deleting files everyday and have performance problems... very slow... Ubuntu works fine

Jan 16, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.