360 total security?

Neggin

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I installed 360 security in my laptop then full scan it. After selecting reaper some of the threats need to restart the computer for solving . I restart the computer but windows not working. Blue screen shows up and Windows starts only with safe mode. I don't know what to do please help me!
sorry for my poor English.

Your software doesn't show up in https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/ (or any OS version), so it's not a legitimate antivirus software.

You get what you pay for, and you paid nothing so get basically nothing

At this point just reinstall windows and BUY a real antivirus software package!

audie-tron25

Estimable
Mar 23, 2015
When you say "360 security", do you mean "Norton 360" or something else? Sounds pretty grim either way. Might want to consider re-installing windows. What Windows OS do you have as well? If it is Windows 10 you can just re-download it, mount it on a USB and re-install fairly easily since it automatically does the serial code.

If you do this and want to save data off of it, you should make sure you create a partition on set-up.

Tried both free versions, absolute garbage. In fact, AVG is so bad that it killed a computer when I ran the uninstaller! Having dealt with people who installed those two on lab computers (before I came in and clamped down on illegal use), I can tell you both are nowhere near as good as a real AV program like bitdefender, kapersky, or norton, and all those installs ended up needing extensive work (plenty of left over malware, one computer needed a reformat, etc)

Considering this person is not in an english speaking country, the likelihood of malware being present in visited sites is much higher, and need for proper protection is higher because of that!

ffg7

Splendid
1 of the members on another tech site I moderate would say differently about what you said about avast & he has the experience of years to back that up. me, I've been using avg free for 16 plus years with no real issues. Norton & mcafee I used over 25yrs ago but found Norton to be a memory hog.

hardik97

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
According to my level of understanding, none of the antivirus available on earth can save you from all malwares...so its better to keep those memory eaters out of the PC and be concious about what you are doing with the system(installing some unknown things,surfing some websites which may insert a malware in system(i.e most likely weird adult sites have that crap in them))
Hence i suggest just being without a AV till u can and save you nice memory for other apps rather then letting an AV eating it

ffg7

Splendid
that is being stupid & reckless just like apple users who say they don't need anti-virus & anti-malware programs. I have 1 customer got the ransomware just by opening an email from somebody he knows 3 times. got rid of once or twice without using an anti-virus program but the other 1 or 2 times had to hook the drive to another computer to get rid of it.

santiano

Prominent
Oct 4, 2017
Just go through the mentioned pionts:

1. Backing Up Your Own Files

If your computer has the system problem, your first priority should be to make sure you have up-to-date backup copies of all your own files. Some advice is given on doing this in a separate document. If your Windows system is working sufficiently well, you can just follow the section on What to Back Up.

2. Broken Internet Connection

If your system has had an adware or spyware infection removed, or you have uninstalled certain anti-virus products, you may find that the machine will no longer successfully connect to the internet. This may be because The Windows €˜Winsock€™ communications software has been damaged. In some cases, the network connection may look as if it is partly working, for example, it gets assigned an IP address from the DHCP service, but application software such as a web browser cannot retrieve web pages.

Various free utilities can be used to quickly repair corrupt Winsock problems, for example, LSP-Fix available from http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm.

3. The Windows Advanced Options Menu

The Windows Advanced Options Menu provides some alternative ways of running Windows when it won't start up normally. To display this menu, you need to power off your computer and then restart it. Immediately start tapping the <F8> key until the Advanced Options Menu appears as shown below. You may find it requires several restart attempts to get this menu to come up.

If your computer's problem is so serious that it won't get as far as the Advanced Options Menu, skip to the section below on Windows Repair Installation.

4. Last Known Good Configuration

The Last Known Good Configuration option on the Windows Advanced Options Menu starts your computer using the configuration it stored at the last successful closedown. If your machine starts OK using this option, no further action may be needed.

5. Safe Mode

If you choose Safe Mode on the Advanced Options Menu, Windows will attempt to start up in a special mode where only its most basic components are loaded. It also bypasses any programs that normally run at system startup. You may find that some minor problems can be cured immediately by just doing a normal Windows Restart from within Safe Mode.

Other things you can try in Safe Mode are:

Running a Windows System Restore to undo recent system changes.
Uninstalling problem software via the Add or Remove Programs control panel or, if applicable, temporarily disabling it by deleting its entry in the Startup folder.
Disabling auto-running software using the Windows MSCONFIG utility (run via [Start/Run]).
Removing or disabling recently added hardware (via the Hardware/Device Manager section of the System control panel.
Running anti-virus software or adware/spyware removal software that you were unable to run (or was ineffective) in normal Windows mode
When you log into Windows in Safe Mode, use the Administrator username or another administrator-level username

As well as the basic Safe Mode, there two other variations:

Safe Mode with Networking - this loads the additional Windows components to let you access the network - e.g. to let you download software updates or an anti-virus scanner such as Stinger.
Safe Mode with Command Prompt - provides you with a command prompt instead of the graphical user interface. Use of this option is beyond the scope of this document.
6. Windows 7 System Restore Facility

If your Windows system has suddenly started misbehaving, for example after you perform a software installation or update, the Windows System Restore facility lets you restore the system to a previous state. System Restore automatically creates Restore Points whenever you install or update your system. You can also, if you wish, manually create additional Restore Points at any time.

Note that performing a System Restore will only affect Windows system and application files. It will not change any of your own files or documents.

If you are unable to start up your system normally, you can try running System Restore with Windows running in Safe Mode as described above.

To restore your system to a previous Restore Point:

Log on to Windows as Administrator (or as any other administrator-level user).
Click [Start] then [Help and Support] then [Performance and Maintenance] then [Using System Restore to undo changes] then [Run the System Restore Wizard].
On the Welcome to System Restore screen, select Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
On the [Select a Restore Point] screen, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next.
A System Restore message may appear that lists the configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
On the Confirm Restore Point Selection screen, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows configuration and then restarts the computer.
Log on to the computer as Administrator or other administrator-level user. The System Restore Restoration Complete screen appears.
Click OK.
If performing a System Restore did not solve your problems, you could try the Windows Repair Installation described below.

7. Windows Repair Installation

If your system came with a Microsoft Windows installation CD, you can use this to perform a Windows Repair Installation. This tries to repair Windows by replacing the Windows system files on your hard disk with fresh copies from the CD. A Repair Installation will leave your own documents intact and, in most cases, your installed applications should also still work. If your machine came pre-installed with Windows may find that some applications need reinstalling after doing a Repair Install. Any Windows updates will need to be reapplied after running a Repair Installation but his should happen automatically.

Do not confuse a Microsoft Windows installation CD with the computer manufacturer's own System Restore CD(s) often supplied with laptop machines. The latter will fix your system by restoring it to exactly how it was when it left the factory - all your own files and any new software that you installed will be destroyed. If you do use the manufacturer's own System Restore CDs, they normally give you a clear screen message that that is what will happen.

If your machine did not come with a Microsoft Windows Installation CD, try contacting the supplier or manufacturer for one. Ultimately, you might need to buy a new Windows installation CD or download an image file from the Microsoft website (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery) if you want to do a Repair Installation. Please note that IT Services is unable to supply Windows Installation CDs to individuals.

If you have downloaded a Microsoft Windows installation image file (.iso) from their website you will need to create a DVD or bootable USB drive first. The Microsoft website should take you through the process but if in doubt then a brief guide to creating bootable media can be found on the Backing-Up a Non-Booting Windows PC page.

To perform a Repair Installation:

If at all possible, first make a backup copy of your own files if you don't already have one. Although a Repair Install should not affect your own files, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Disconnect your computer from the network.
Boot (i.e. start up) the computer with the Windows CD in the CD drive or bootable USB drive connected. You may need to change the 'boot order' via the system BIOS so the media device boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for how to access the BIOS and change the boot order. If the system is set to boot from CD or USB, you may see an appropriate startup message such as Press any key to boot from CD....
If all is well, the screen below will be shown:

This process should be fairly self-explanatory. Choose to Repair your computer and follow the steps provided. If you wish to install a fresh copy of Windows instead of performing a repair then Install now will continue with the installation process.

8. Reinstalling Windows

If your Windows system is still not starting up correctly, you may need to consider completely re-installing your system. This is a fairly time-consuming exercise as it will probably require you to:

Back up your own documents and data
Re-install and update Windows
Re-install all your applications
Restore all your own documents and data
Separate documents are available which cover:

Backing up a non-booting Windows system
Re-installing a Windows system

rgd1101

Don't

Don't plagiarise, cite the source
http://help.it.ox.ac.uk/helpcentre/troubleshooting/winxp/index

Mar 5, 2018
I am also very much curious to find a better free software. tried a lot of them. The worst one is AVG, I fear to walk around it also. The reason is I had to re-install win 10. As long as you have no big issue keep using Avast free silently

mdd1963

Distinguished
I used Qihoo's 360TS for 18-20 months or so, and absolutely no complaints at all....only switched just to experiment, and stuck with what I switched to, as it seemed equally effective and non-resource hogging. (CPU usage at 1% with Chrome open)

SecureAge has SecureAPlus that also works well (12-14 engines, cloud scanning, whitelisting of applications, block modifying behavior first, give user the choice, low resources), and, it allowed/allows a one year trial, during which time I have had ZERO issues/complaints. I'd still GLADLY use it another year were it not for the 'trial expiring' notifications.