38 Infinity Ward Employees Band to Sue Activision

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
wow if they win this lawsuit, each one of these developers will be the world's richest developers and probably don't ever have to work or make another game again.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Mikeadelic[/nom]38 people suing and they believe the action is 'without merit'. Common sense tells me that when 38 people all say the same thing, there's a shitload of merit going around.[/citation]
Yeah, and paying a couple of hundred million to those "poor" 38 people makes so much sense. Oh and so does current game pricing. Creating games is, you know, very expensive.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
This my friends, is Karma at work.

I'd love to see these ex-employees team up with Croteam for Modern Warfare XX SERIOUS Edition HD... or something along those lines.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Vivendi needs to step in and do some head slapping of Activision's board since Vivendi is the parent company of Activision Blizzard.

G

Sounds like MW3 will be even worse than MW2... Definitely won't be getting that.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]rebb[/nom]I have a feeling that this sort of activity is more common than we might be lead to believe. It may be that the success of Activision's most recent title is whats causing the media stir. I wonder if companies like Ubisoft, EA, or Bethesda have similar skeletons to share.[/citation]

Ubi soft and EA sure ... doubt bethesda does this to them selves , since they develope most every game they publish and vice versa

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
This has happened more than once and with a few other software companies that is why there are so few pc games its not piracy.
The developers have been getting ripped off by greedy publishers for the past 5 years that is why there is such a decline in pc games.

dragunover

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]rebb[/nom]I have a feeling that this sort of activity is more common than we might be lead to believe. It may be that the success of Activision's most recent title is whats causing the media stir. I wonder if companies like Ubisoft, EA, or Bethesda have similar skeletons to share.[/citation]
Bethesda isn't *really* a games publisher as much as they are self sufficient. Checking *the internet* it looks like they've only had 2 out-of-company games get published

Status
Not open for further replies.