3D Touch Interfaces to Hit Smartphones Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobbra

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
Ha-todays touchscreen phones can barely, but barely, hit one day full use before their battery is done; just imagine with 3D display they will manage to achieve the very impressive battery life of five...seconds

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I disagree with kobbra and JohnnyLucky. Well..moreso JohnnyLucky. Yeah we'd need MUCH better batteries for this. But I think it could be a really cool thing for smartphones.

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
So if I'm sliding my fingers on BOTH sides of the device, what do I use to actually GRIP the thing so I don't drop it?

And two-handed use is SO last century

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
... maybe it's just me, but I'd really like to have an old monochrome screen with simple calling, voice mail access, texting, and a battery capable of lasting 2 weeks.

I've never really understood the mentality in paying $200 for phone and another $50-$100+ a month for a plan.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
All this 3D crap is getting old. Please quit trying to market gimmicks. I saw a story on the news today saying 3D movies are going to cost $20 to watch from now on. 3D movies never cost more before all this hype was built up around them and now all of the sudden BAM!!!!, double the price.

G

Its not 3d as in wearing 3d glasses... Read the article before you talk shit.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]tsnorquist[/nom]... maybe it's just me, but I'd really like to have an old monochrome screen with simple calling, voice mail access, texting, and a battery capable of lasting 2 weeks.I've never really understood the mentality in paying $200 for phone and another $50-$100+ a month for a plan.[/citation]

I agree with you to a point. Its different if you have a smart phone. Internet access everywhere is something that once you experience, its hard to imagine living without it. Outside of that though, calling / texting is all you need.

jenesuispasbavard

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]kobbra[/nom]Ha-todays touchscreen phones can barely, but barely, hit one day full use before their battery is done; just imagine with 3D display they will manage to achieve the very impressive battery life of five...seconds[/citation]
Actually, I haven't charged my Nokia 5800 since Tuesday.

Also, I would rather not accidentally start an application or call an ex just because I'm holding my phone on my palm.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
I fail to see how is this 3-dimensional...
It's cool... but i won't go all the way and call it 3D...
it's 2D on the front and 2D on the back...

Status
Not open for further replies.