billwillclark

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
A lot of TVs are Passive now. The only major company that hasn't abroaded the train is Samsung. In overall aspect, I really liked LG's LM760. Not only did it have a slick design, but the color quality was astonishing. When comparing Active 3D TVs, colors weren't not as vivid as Passive 3D television.

trepxe

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012

I totally agree. Passives are going to become the dominant 3D type (even over glasses-free) for now. I dont see any TV company currently overtaking LG's stand on passive since most passive makers purchase their IPS panels from LG display. EVen Vizio, who used to hold the U.S. market share couldnt compete with LG with passive sales. If panasonic can some how make a passive TV as great as the VT50, they might be able to take on LG but I dont see that quite happening.

britnight

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Yeah I vote for LG too. Sammy might won the mobile phone market but on TV, it's LG's KO win. Sammy won't take it back until they give up active and take passive tech.

JeanScott

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Unquestionably, LG is there with variety of passive 3d models named as LMxxx. These TVs are master blaster in terms of performance and picture quality. LM8600 is the top model of this series yet; it has got dual core processor and dual play feature, good for gamers!

tilt360com

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
If you are only looking for 3d quality I would have to advise you to get a LG brand. There are known for their excellent 3d passive performance. The newly designed ones are upgraded to cinema 3d which performs just the same as the movie theater.

yang0409

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
I prefer passive 3ds too and as far as I know the manufacturers offering this type of 3d are Vizio, Panasonic and LG. Vizio is the cheapest among the three but I found too much negative feedback about it. As for Pansonic, their plasmas are really great and they started offering passive 3d earlier this year so they don't have various models for passive 3d yet. As for lg, I chose it not just because it has passive 3d. I also considered other aspects like, quality, affordability and usability.

JohnMack

Honorable
May 14, 2012
For passive 3d sets there is nothing better than LGs passive TVs. LG have couple of smart 3d sets named as LM series models. The LM7600 is the best passive model in series IMO and you should try this model if it’s in your budget.

marburybary

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
A lot of people seem to be getting into the LG buzz and started getting their Passive 3D TVs. I am going to be honest, I also did follow the LG buzz and got myself a 3D TV from LG and it has been great. I have a 760 and its fantastic. 3D movies are great on it, so as a personal user, I would recommend you that model.

admbernier2919

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I would have to go with LG 3D TVs, just solely for their great design and product quality. I am currently on my 3rd LG TV and never had issues with them. They produce great picture quality.