Question 3f0 error

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i just got this pc and it showed a system in the photos. the seller said he was going to wipe the drive. well he wiped it out maybe. i get it and when i turn it on i get this 3f0 error the system test says the hard drive passes all the tests. so i think i set the bios to boot from the usb port and put my win10 esd drive in the usb. it boots to lets install win10. so as i go thru the steps and get to doing the install in the advance moe it goes to the next screen and there is no drive showing in that window.

so i installed a known goo drive and i get the same thing. so what in the world am i missing here?
when it boots it says boot device not found
the next line is please install an operating system
then hard disk 3f0 error
then f2 system diagnostics i ran them all and it passed them all
then for more info visit hp web site for that error

so again what am i missing here. i tap f10 and get the bios setup and i see the time and date are good . admin and power on PW are clear. i hid the tpm for now but it did the same with the tpm showing.

in the uefi hii configuration it show intel rapid storage tech and then the samsung 250gb hard drive and then the drive info as samsung size 250gb status is non-raid controller is nvme interface is pcie

then in boot options i have
usb boot enabled
network boot disabled
network boot protocol is ipv4+ipv6 uefi
secure boot enabled
platform key enrolled
pending action none
uefi boot order is
usb flash/hard drive
usb cd dvd
i usb network adapter
os boot manager

i tried all the different options and even set it to default and i still get this no boot drive and it will not show a drive in the esd setup. so again what might i be missing here.

i tried to do a OS install on my pc thru the usb port with that pcs drive in an adapter but all the youtubes seem to point to easus for doing this and i really do not want to pay for a program that may not even work. so because the pc sees the drive in the utilities but not in the esd install maybe i need another eds install drive. the one i have may be defective. but is has worked lots of tiem before and i never remove that drive with the pc on. anyway thanks for any ideas

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
that is my thoughts. but i had to ask. i just can't believe the laptop in the trouble shooting will see the drive but in the boot i get that error and when i put the esd in i get as far as the drives available and there are none

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have tried it both ways. i have tried ivf4 and 6 and both i get as far with the esd drive when installing to the where do i want the OS to go but there are no drives to pick from. what is strange is in the f2 settings for testing it show the drive and the drive passes. i also put in a known good drive and that passes the tests but fails in the win10 install.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i took the ssd out and formatted it on this pc i'm texting with and it formatted per the program in windows. i used amoie on it and formatted it set it active and initialized it and still i get this blank screen in the esd install and the same 3f0 code.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
ok i had to create a win11 esd and then i found the irst drivers and they had to go on another thumb stick as the esd would not see them on that drive. anyway i'm now setting it up and having some issues getting past the sign in. i do not want to sign in if i don't have to. my other pcs i do not have accounts with microsoft.

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
thanks because this is a new install i'm just going to reinstall and keep nothing. i put my account on it to make sure it was going to run and work and it seems to. but i do not want to leave any of my data on it. it seems one note put some items on the pc before i could turn it off.

so it is now just reinstalling and i have the new owners info for getting on microsoft. it seems all the YT that i watched for setting up a local account did nothing for this pc. thanks