Question Need help with reinstalling

May 22, 2024
I have a HP laptop that i want to format and reinstall a clean copy of Windows. When I download an iso from Microsoft and create a bootable USB drive, the installation process will start and when it's time to pick a hard drive to install into, I am not given a hard drive to install into. When I create a bootable recovery install USB drive, it works fine. My laptop is a HP with a nvme ssd. I add the ssd drivers in the bootable usb drive and it still didnt work. Im new to UEFI and EFis.

raykneale

Honorable
Oct 5, 2017
If you are formatting the partition any data loss should not be a problem , all you have to do at the no hard drive offered stage is delete the old "c" partition making it unallocated space ,then instal windows onto the empty space . Try not to delete any system partitions which would be the very small ones showing an asterix. Good Luck .

USAFRet

Illustrious
If you are formatting the partition any data loss should not be a problem , all you have to do at the no hard drive offered stage is delete the old "c" partition making it unallocated space ,then instal windows onto the empty space . Try not to delete any system partitions which would be the very small ones showing an asterix. Good Luck .
Actually, thats wrong.

For a "clean install" you delete ALL partitions, and continue with a completely blank drive.