3G Version of iPad Now Shipping, Jobs Confirms

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
I don't understand how everybody has ignored my initial statement entirely and yet dubbed me as an M$ Fanboy. I never once in my original post said anything about the quality of their products, nor my opinion on the quality of their products. I did mention I did not like Apple, but did not specify why. I simply stated that I disliked their marketing tactics, and disagree with the ways they go about doing things. Who's the fan boy here; the person discussing marketing, or the people throwing blind insults regarding something I never said in the first place.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]M-ManLA[/nom]Ill wait and see what the Asus T101 does.[/citation]
Me 2 (at least I was)... but as far as I saw ... its preview was not looking too good... it ends up as a netbook + win7 + touch function. If you are ok w/ the netbook performance under win 7, you may be happy w/ it.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]kumatora[/nom]I have been a windows developer for years and switched to mac several years ago. I would never go back to a slow bogged down windows PC.[/citation]

So you admit to being a idiot who knows nothing about computers. Grats on the fail.

zenwitch

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I've waited (depending on when you want to start counting, let's say with the introduction of OS X) for 10 years for a product this innovative, this well thought out, this game changing, and after Friday, April 30th, points about waiting an additional 30 days will be moot. Apple is brilliant, clever, and sophisticated. That's why I LOVE APPLE. Love, LOVE, ***LOVE*** APPLE!! Yea, Apple!!

zenwitch

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
I've waited (depending on when you want to start counting, let's say with the introduction of OS X) for 10 years for a product this innovative, this well thought out, this game changing, and after Friday, April 30th, points about waiting an additional 30 days will be moot. Apple is brilliant, clever, and sophisticated. That's why I LOVE APPLE. Love, LOVE, ***LOVE*** APPLE!! Yea, Apple!!

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]It was common knowledge since the iPad was announced that the 3G model was coming about a month later. There was no secret. The deal here is that it's shipping two days late[/citation]
Still doesn't take away from the fact that the ipad is like every other apple product...over-hyped and shitty

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]kumatora[/nom]The iPhone is also the most advanced mobile phone you can buy. All of the other phone providers cannot even come close and have been scrambling to find a competitor, and haven't been able to produce on. Whether you like how they launch their products or not, they are in a class all by themselves with the most advanced products that are ahead of their time. I fo not work for apple but am definately a fan and will wait to get the ipad patiently, because it will ne one of a kind and the slate when launched will not come close.[/citation]
Please tell me how you came to that conclusion with the Droid as a true competitor? I personally have tried the iphone and the droid and IMO, Droid wins. I'm no Apple hater...just telling my opinion...

kyzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
[citation][nom]kumatora[/nom]The iPhone is also the most advanced mobile phone you can buy.[/citation]

Please tell me that is sarcasm... :D

Lets see, how long before the iphone had such l33t features as cut and paste? Or can is mulitask? How about corporate push email that is compressed at source for lower data tranmission times / costs?

The iphone is a reqasonable consumer phone with an immense maketing juggernaut behind it, but the most advanced mobile phone???? You just have to be joking!

9d3tsi

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Good luck..... Ive been TRYING to order a wifi Ipad for about a month. Apple has screwed up my order so many times, Ive lost count. I had no plans on buying one, I caved. Now I'm just going to wait for the slate.

G

The most amazing thing that Apple has done is the app store. The i-* products are all delivery devices for a strictly controlled content service and apple gets a spif on every single app. Far better model than Microsoft has/had. If you focus on the hardware you miss the point as far as the business model is concerned. There's nothing that special about the hardware, really.

G

We're still waiting for Microsoft's "cool", "I want", "easy", "works", "killer" OS. We've been waiting since 1995.

G

Mine is still listed as Late April while others that ordered it AFTER me is getting their TODAY! WTF?

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
@Everyone who is saying it was well-known or common knowledge about the 3G version coming out later.

Sure it was well-known in the tech savvy world, but Apple can't win in the tech savvy world, it caters to the uninformed masses. Best Buy and Apple didn't have large signs up saying "hey wait you might be better off holding out for this other product we are going to release in a few weeks" No Apple knows they make craptastic products and put them in a pretty package. Apple has the best team of Marketing Geniuses I have ever seen.
Anyone who knows anything about computers and phones should know full well that the iPhone & iPad & the like are all inferior products with limited functionality.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
Finally some people that can see where I'm coming from without getting irrationally defensive towards Apple :D

[citation][nom]sdgre[/nom]We're still waiting for Microsoft's "cool", "I want", "easy", "works", "killer" OS. We've been waiting since 1995.[/citation]

How the hell is that relevant to this discussion in any way?

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
What's with the sudden influx of crApple zombies on this site all of a sudden? I guess with the whole Gizmodo/crApple union going under, you've got no place else to go for your pitiful crApple fix. Go away, we don't want you here. Shoo. Get off my lawn! Next time I see you here I'm gonna shoot your backside full o' salt pellets!!!

kumatora

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
[citation][nom]kyzar[/nom]Please tell me that is sarcasm... Lets see, how long before the iphone had such l33t features as cut and paste? Or can is mulitask? How about corporate push email that is compressed at source for lower data tranmission times / costs?The iphone is a reqasonable consumer phone with an immense maketing juggernaut behind it, but the most advanced mobile phone???? You just have to be joking![/citation]

I used to be involved with several phone companies and was able to try and use allot of phones. Honestly, the Droid is not one that I have tried so I cannot include it in the mix, but I have used most of the smart phones out there and to me there is nothing that is close to the iPhone.

kumatora

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2010
For those of you waiting for 3g ipad, I received a tracking no. today, and guaranteed delivery by 4:30 tomorrow (30th) via FedEx. Available in stores tomorrow after 5pm. I think best buy & apple. Anyone no of any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.