Solved! 4-8 ohm speakers/receivers

Mar 17, 2021
I have 2-4ohm Cerwin Vega DX-9's and 2-8ohm Technics SB-A52's, along with several other 4-8ohm speakers (large, floor, all >150watts). I currently have a Kenwood KR-V5550 receiver + Technics SH-8055 eq. What is the best way to increase my outputs per channel? I'm considering either purchasing a better (new OR vintage) receiver and/or an amplifier. I also don't know the best way to incorporate the other speakers. I have 2-1500w powered subs with lines in/out. Right now my budget is $1k but I can save more for the right "match". My goal is to have a sound in my home that you can hear in another state, without blowing speakers or frying components. ANY advice or recommendations are most welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Solution
Thank you for your response. I am considering buying 4 Marantz MA-500's. I also was wondering, could a marine amp be substituted (Pyle-4ch 400w)? My dx-9's say 400w and my sb-52's say 200w so I'm not even pushing them I wouldn't think.

Sure if you get a way to power it in the house. It won't be great but will power the speakers.
Without blowing speakers, you need high power speakers and keep them under their limits. Your receiver will run 70 watts into 8 ohms so will be higher for 4 ohm sepakers.

If you want to get louder than what the Kenwood can do, simply buy a more powerful receiver or amp.

You can also replace the speakers with ones designed for PA which is what should be used for concert level loudness https://www.sweetwater.com/c134--Unpowered_PA_Speakers

Mar 17, 2021
Thank you for your response. I am considering buying 4 Marantz MA-500's. I also was wondering, could a marine amp be substituted (Pyle-4ch 400w)? My dx-9's say 400w and my sb-52's say 200w so I'm not even pushing them I wouldn't think.