$499 Galaxy Tab Delayed by Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]brennon7[/nom]Proud I-pad owner!!!! Can the galaxy do this? Windows 7...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UGcMXMNYc[/citation]

HA!
For the price of your $500 iPad I can buy two netbooks with REAL Windows 7, not a fake remote control.

brennon7

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
Well my remote is controlling an i7 930 at 3.8ghz...what is that netbook running? I also own a evo 4g so there is nothing against android. The ipad is just slick as hell.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
If the current conflict in Korea escalates much t hen I would not expect much from Samsung for quite a while... I would expect LCD and RAM prices to soar. Pretty much any industry Samsung is involved in may very well see drastic price increases. Google News 'Korea' if you do not know what I am talking about..

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]brennon7[/nom]Proud I-pad owner!!!! Can the galaxy do this? Windows 7...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9UGcMXMNYc[/citation]
Actually Android Phones can do this. Remote control another computer isn't something out of this world.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009

Yeah there are Android apps that do that for free.

Seriously dude, open your eyes and come out of the walled garden.

abhijeet1982

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
i thought that i will comment the "proud ipad owner "but looks like there is no need now , the proud owner should know that the ipad shown in the youtube video is a jailbroken. so if the proud owner does this kind of stuff without jailbreak that will be the real deal

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Have you ever known VNC? Or LogMeIn for that matter? Gosh, iTards.

[citation][nom]glubox[/nom]In Europe the Galaxy Tab has 3G and wi-fi.[/citation]
Errrr.. Are you lost or something? Samsung is to launch a WiFi ONLY Galaxy Tab... Same as the iPad.. 3G+WiFi or just WiFi!

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
Don't care about the Galaxay Tab since Samsung announced that only the European version would have a voice plan available. If Samsung had released the Galaxy Tab with voice and data in America then I might care that the WiFi, or any Galaxy Tab, version is delayed.

Samsung not releasing the Galaxy Tab with both voice and data in the United States is a huge load of FAIL, imo...

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
[citation][nom]brennon7[/nom] The ipad is just slick as hell.[/citation]The iPad is a huge load of FAIL and those failures are the reason why Android based tablets will eventually make the iPad obsolete except to the most die hard Apple fans.

Not for nothing, but the Dell Streak is a more capable device than the iPad...

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]If the current conflict in Korea escalates much t hen I would not expect much from Samsung for quite a while... I would expect LCD and RAM prices to soar. Pretty much any industry Samsung is involved in may very well see drastic price increases. Google News 'Korea' if you do not know what I am talking about..[/citation]

Doesn't Samsung supply some of the iPad parts too?

brennon7

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
To all the haters out there, i'm sure there are other remote apps; however, they become useless on a 7 inch screen. 10 inch is perfect for portability. The implementation is flawless..
Have any of you haters ever owned an ipad or even used one? I doubt it!

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]brennon7[/nom]To all the haters out there, i'm sure there are other remote apps; however, they become useless on a 7 inch screen. 10 inch is perfect for portability. The implementation is flawless.. Have any of you haters ever owned an ipad or even used one? I doubt it![/citation]
Actually the resolution of a screen is way more important than the size, specially the horizontal pixel count, something that is identical in both machines.

chunkymonster

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
[citation][nom]brennon7[/nom]To all the haters out there, i'm sure there are other remote apps; however, they become useless on a 7 inch screen. 10 inch is perfect for portability. The implementation is flawless.. Have any of you haters ever owned an ipad or even used one? I doubt it![/citation]Don't own an iPad, just not a priority. But, I have played with and used a few of them. Nothing special. It was cool and slick, but that's was about it. No functionality over what I anticipated.

Let's face it, it wasn't up until two days ago, 11/22/2010, with the release of iOS 4.2 that you could even begin to multi task on the iPad. And, unless you carry a European Shoulder Bag, purse, or backpack all the time a 10-inch screen is far from perfectly portable.

Again, the Dell Streak is a more capable device than the iPad and you can actually make phones calls with it!

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
[citation][nom]brennon7[/nom]Well my remote is controlling an i7 930 at 3.8ghz...what is that netbook running? I also own a evo 4g so there is nothing against android. The ipad is just slick as hell.[/citation]
My little netbook can remote controll i Intel Core i7980X, with 24GB RAM, from my work so screw that, and the netbook cost me $150

Doom3klr

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Well the truth of the matter is that Apple and there ipad dont even support flash? When theres tones of games websites and movies that run off of it? Plus Apple ipads are not running an open source os wich basically means apple has there os totaly crippled and locked exclusivly to them. As where Android tablets can run flash more types of game emulators and tuns of free software and anyone can contribute and make a program or game for android os plus the tablets are cheaper. Still want a crapple ipad?

Status
Not open for further replies.