5.1 surround front left speaker stopped working today, sound muffled

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Good day,

I'm really in need of a second opinion on a 5.1 PC audio speaker issue. First off, I'd like to say that this issue occurred right after I disconnected all of my connectors in the back of my PC, cleaned my Master Cooler case for 5-10 minutes, reconnected everything and now my 5.1 surround sound is not quite working which it was prior to this clean up. Drivers, software, operating system,... are all the same. No software was installed, no system errors,... I just cleaned my case, reassembled, then the issue started. I'd just like to know if my speakers or motherboard connectors may have died. Here's my set-up and here is the info that is relevant to this problem:

- Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3 i2500k
- Logitech 5.1 model z506

- audio connectors in the back of my PC:
- Orange male into pink
- Green male into green
- Black male in blue connector

- audio connectors in the back of 6 channel sub:
- Green in green
- Black in black
- Orange in orange

Troubleshooting:

- reseated all physical connectors of sound system in the same slots as before
- Realtek HD Audio Manager back analog is configured as:
- Blue connector: Rear speaker out
- Green connector: Front speaker out
- Pink connector: Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out

- Realtek HD Audio Manager shows 5.1 surround sound, no speaker fill, no swap center/sub woofer

When I test each speaker in Realtek HD Audio Manager, the outcome is:
- center, front right, rear left, rear right all work
- speaker sub does make lows
- front left speaker just sounds like the sub noise (lows)

I'm beat to what the issue is. When I was listening to this youtube video at 1:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS42xXRLPH8 , I can barely hear him speaking to Krillin. Please someone help! Thank you for listening.

Psyckosama

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
Hit up the local thrift store. You can probably get a working speaker with the same amperage for 5 bucks if you dig around. Might look a little ghetto blasta, but it'll probably work just fine.