Question 5.1 system surround playing through front speakers

Feb 27, 2019
Well here is the problem
I've got a Genius 5.1 home theatre system and a konig 5.1 PCI sound card. When I connect it all and test it sound which should be coming from the back speakers comes out as static in the front speakers. I tried switching cables around so I know that the speakers work when I set them to play front sound and the same thing happens.
Thank you in advance

To check the speakers set the soundcard to stereo and connect the front output to each pair of inputs of the speakers. That will tell you that the speakers are OK.
If each two channels plays then the next thing is to check each output of the soundcard when set to 5.1 by connecting each output to the front input of the speaker and run the test.
You should also try using a surround speaker set up file instead of the built in test mode of the soundcard. That could be the problem.

Lindsay69

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Well here is the problem
I've got a Genius 5.1 home theatre system and a konig 5.1 PCI sound card. When I connect it all and test it sound which should be coming from the back speakers comes out as static in the front speakers. I tried switching cables around so I know that the speakers work when I set them to play front sound and the same thing happens.
Thank you in advance
try installing Win amp 5.1 , fixed my same problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 5
A Audio 2
M Audio 2
ardacavdar Audio 1
A Audio 1
J Audio 1
R Audio 3
H Audio 2
K Audio 2
J Audio 1
D Audio 6