5-year-old Allegedly Stabs Sister Over Nintendo DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I know how the boy feels. I always wanted to kill my little brother when he cried over the Gameboy. He always stopped crying and gave an evil smile when my mom screamed at me to give it to him. I hated him very much back then.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Well before even ending the article I did find it a bit odd on how a five year old could have planted the knife inside his sister like it makes it sound. So I'm not surprised that the mother is the most likely suspect.

But lets say the child did somehow do the act the videogames don't sound to be at fault at all. The child has a history of domestic violence in his home and a obviously neglective mother. Hell its not even the child's fault in this scenario.

If the mother did do it which is the more than likely case I hope she goes to prison for the rest of her days and never sees her children again. That act of doing that to her own child is sick and she even tries to ruin her son's life by lying about it.

Also does anyone else find the pic in the article offensive? What happened is certainly not a joke even if the five year old was the one who did it. you have a sick sense of humor Kevin Parrish.

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
We used to throw toys at each other or sat down angry when we didn't get to play with the toy of our choice, we would also just hit with our fists and scream a lot to get what we wanted.

The use of a knife is again been brought into the mouth of the anti-gaming crowd. They are now going to make sure games only go about innocent and nice things, no more violence.

The problem here is very easy recognizable, if the boy really did stab his sister, it's because the family wasn't a good environment, with an abusive parent using violence to solve problems.

If there was no game, there would have been a tv program or an incident the child had witnessed with violence. Maybe not as bad as a knife injury, but still the problem remains.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom] Also does anyone else find the pic in the article offensive? What happened is certainly not a joke even if the five year old was the one who did it. you have a sick sense of humor Kevin Parrish.[/citation]
Yes, thats just sick humor. What if the boy is innocent!

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
So the real headline is that the mother allegedly stabbed her daughter.
I like how the article reads that the little boy did it because of a DS and then finishes with: Oh and by the way, the mother probably did it and lied about the whole thing.
Thanks, TG, for the misleading headline and contributing to the videogame violence media hype!

judeh101

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
ouch, chucky style...
Why would anyone do anything that stupid? a 5 year old should know better.
I hope the girl will be alright.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
""There was also mention of the boy's absent father and his history of domestic violence within the family unit.""

Must have been the games....

This is an unfortunate story.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I would b curious as to how serious the stab is…
A 5 yr old would not have a lot of strength and there are a lot of ribs to avoid in the chest area.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
So the Mother stabbed the 10 year old girl over the DS and blamed it on the 5 year old wtf?
Damn brain age!!! or was it nintendogs?

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
The pic is offensive? More offensive than the article or the fact that this happened?

Give me a break. It's just a pic.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
i tell you man mario never had a screw driver. thats just going too far, if anything he has firew power where he lights his victims on fire!!

A Stoner

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Lets see, people have been killing eachother since, well since there have been people. Brothers kill brothers, sisters kill brothers, kids kill parents, complete strangers kill complete strangers. Let's see if I can get this straight... because the item in question that the argument that started the attack is a Nintendo DS, that it must be the technology that is causing these attacks? No, it is the parenting (lack of) that causes this kind of thing to happen with young kids, not the toy in question. The fact is that the kid has control problems, likely caused by the parents not imposing any control over the kid.

This kind of crap needs to be local in reporting, and not put out over the entire world, as it is not world news, it is local news.

G

Yeah, I agree with techtre2003 What the hell with that article title?!?!?! You have sunken to the level of the tabloids . . .

gsacks

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
I am very disappointed in this site for posting such a poorly written and misleadingly titled article on a serious subject. The site should retract the article and post an apology to its readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.