50% of BlackBerry Users Want Apple or Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Switching to Samsung Captivate. Open-source all the way!

Never really liked the RIM/BlackBerry phones. BlackBerry name sounded too corny and outdated. RIM needs to come out with better names for their phones.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well I have a 3GS and am probably going to get an Android phone when my contract is up. Still a (long) year left though, who knows what will happen.

G

MilkTea wants his phone to have a "better name" -- like iPhone, dazzlingly original from the company that brings you the i(fill in the blank) product line.

For me, the Storm would be ideal if it reacted faster and didn't run out of memory, requiring a battery-pull reboot, about once a day. Maybe instead of giving us gigabytes of unused storage space, RIM could deliver more of the memory where apps actually live and run?

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
I've got an iPhone 3GS, recently jailbroken. While the jailbreak made it much more appealing, I'm still moving to an Android-based phone when my current contract is up.

G

Android 2.2 and enjoying every bit of it. Switched form iPhone 3GS in February and have no plans to switch to iPhone 4.0

G

Blackberry is total crop. They need to eliminate it for good. Will never buy a next one or recommend it. going to buy a andriod

offdwall

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
Have an iPhone 4 and will likely get an iPhone 5 :) I have se up several Android phones for clients and see little that would make me want to switch. I'm open and have gone from symbian to palm to wm to iPhone. iOS is currently the most polished mobile OS out there. Unless you are stuck on Verizon, iPhone is the way to go

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Honestly I like my blackberry, being a systems admin with multiple email systems unlike other phone brands namely apple and android I don't have to fiddle with settings to get my mail, just put in the email address and password and it just works.

Just wish I had a Bold because the ball is a little dated.

winstoncourt

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2010
I am tired of cell phone hardware makers dribbling out a new hardware device now and then. How about just a USB Dongle which is a receiver and transmitter capable of doing all protocols, data transmission on all phone frequencies? Then, the rest of the phone is only software, it can be updated at will. This USB device can plug into any netbook, notebook, laptop, etc., with the software loaded up, off you go to cell phone heaven. The power of the phone is only limited by the software. We will also need a new computer hardware platform to use the USB dongle on-–something shirt-pocket sized. This would allow you to “run the phone” on any hardware platform you choose, and to move it to any hardware platform you choose. It seems like electronic hardware manufactures are keeping the “separate-device-mindset” going. They have people ready to purchase a separate TV, a separate stereo, a separate phone, ereader, etc., etc., etc. It is about time to end this. Everything should just be a peripheral which will run on any computer hardware platform, with proper software. But, until joe-six-pack-public becomes literate enough to demand such advanced offerings of high tech equipment and capabilities, manufacturers will be quite happy to keep selling you devices to only do one task. This needs to end quickly! If you don't understand all of this, show this text to your neighborhood nerd, he/she will bring you up to speed. Until then, just grab a USB HD TV Dongle with software for your computer off of ebay (make sure it is the proper specification for American TV) and at least have a high tech TV!

G

I have been a BB user for a few years and really like the OS.
The one reason I would switch is the quality control at RIM has really gone down hill. The devices seem to have gotten cheaper and I have noticed more and more problems in the last year with the OS crashing. If Sprint gets the iPhone I would switch in a second.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I have a blackberry, and I like it. My next phone will probably be either Android or Windows Phone 7, but Blackberries are still nice phones. They aren't as good as iPhones or Android if all you care about is twittering or facebook, but if you just want a nice smartphone with a great calendar, a good email, and internet, the Blackberries are still a good option.

G

I love android 2.2 for the wireless tethering. access point for laptop while on the go. blackberry boring, apple not to be trusted and too expensive for what they give you.

G

I have a corporate issued BB 8330 and I am bored to tears with it. You can only play hangman so many times before you you would rather switch to Russian roulette with 2 bullets just to liven things up a bit. BB are efficent and they get the job done and so does a Ford Focus, but would you rather drive a Focus or a GT Mustang?? It’s all about the apps and how much enjoyment it brings when your dropping $200. As far as I am concerned I would never shell out my own $ for a BB when I already have a prescription for Ambien.

G

I am a serious BlackBerry user and have been for over 3 years. Can't see giving it up for the toys that the others offer. I like the iPhone and I have been a Mac user since it was invented but don't like the idea of only AT&T, firstly and I don't like being told what I can do with my phone secondly. I get everything I need on a BB 8330 but I would like to have the use of more apps than the ram on my phone will allow so I am considering a new BB soon. Don't like or want touch screen although I would consider the new Torch 9800 if it was available at Verizon. Have not seen an Android phone that I like at all.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I love my BlackBerry Tour 9630. Best phone I've ever owned, bar none. Fantastic mobile device. Sure it'd be nice to have better ability to stream videos, music, etc. But I use my phone at work a lot. That means email. And quite frankly, I simply can't imagine someone making a more simple email system on the phone. A couple buttons and I'm done.

That said, Droid X looks pretty dang cool. :)

As for iPhone, Apple can eat my shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.