52-inch Glasses-Free 3D HDTV Hits Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]fir_ser[/nom]At $20K, this 3D TV is very expensive.[/citation]
Your $ in the comment, among a stream of spam, made it a close call from mindlessly reporting the obvious spam.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
wow, from the moment I opened the article, till I wrote my previous comment, 2 more spam posts. And those same accounts are posting on all other articles. Tom's really need to prevent fresh accounts from posting more than once in 10 minutes to one hour. And fresh being not based on time since registration, but on non reported posts on the forum.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
OK THESE F*CKING SPAMMERS HAVE GOT TO GO!
I SAY TOMSHARDWARE ADMINS SHOULD BANN ANYONE THAT SPAMS EVEN 1 TIME AND MAKE IT MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO GET AN ACCOUNT!!!!

> <
___
/ \

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]fir_ser[/nom]At $20K, this 3D TV is very expensive.[/citation]
Thanks for pointing that out - I almost ordered one.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
"I'm just amazed that a 4-man splinter group can do something this amazing."
This is actually quite trivial. Fixed images (posters, pins) were done in 3D and moving pictures using this technology for years. They simply slap it on TV.

And actually, as 3D goes, this is horrible. You have "sweet spots", meaning you have to sit only in some places and do not move your head, otherwise, 3D will be spoiled.

What would be revolutionary, is if TV would find the location of the eyes for each viewer (I am sure Xbox360 can do it with Kinect) and send stereo images in the detection of each eye for each user. THEN it is good experience, because you would be able to move and still see the image.

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I've seen one of the first models of Philips "glasses-free" TV's in IMAX, may be, in the year 2008. My impression was very far from admiration.
Very blurry picture.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
The only folks that really care about 3D are the marketing people that encouraged the electronics industry to start cranking them out becuz...they were gunna be the next "trend" .

I bet that this 3D thing will pass quietly into the night just like AM stereo, quadraphonic stereo, and oh NEW Coke!

Status
Not open for further replies.