5K500 HDD on a Aspire 5742ZG

UgoPaul

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Hello,
the original HDD (WD3200 BEVT)) for an Aspire 5742ZG has gone.
I have a Hitachi 5K500 B-500 at home and I replace it in the laptop.
BIOS can detect it.
I am able to install W7 Home Edition on that drive, using acer recovery disks, as the drive is recognized and partioned.
W7 will not boot :-( No OS can be found, was the error message, or something like that.
BIOS is updated, SATA drives are updated.
Any clue?
Thanks for your support

Hi,

When it comes with a replacement part with a branded laptop specially the HDD, if you replaced it the recovery disc that's designed to work with the same HDD that your laptop already has will not work. But have you tried checking the boot priority in BIOS if the HDD that has Windows is set as the first boot device? If these will not work I would suggest using a retail version of Windows 7 instead of using the Acer Recovery disc.

UgoPaul

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I found a W7 Pro, installed it and it works. SO I will downgrade it to Home Premium and also registration will be fine.
Thanks a lot for your great support.
ugo

UgoPaul

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Late update: Installing W7 Pro was fine, but when I tried to Install Home Premium, that is what the OEM MS licence is related to, no way.
I have started from W7 Pro, deleted the ei.cfg from the ISO (manually, no tools), loaded on a bootable USB key but it installs Pro only, no choice.
It is not an Enterprise edition. It was with a Fujitsu Laptop.
Any idea?
thx
Any idea?