5s Data displays E instead of 4G LTE

ortizedgar

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
My phone is an unlocked 5s. I switched carriers from Cricket to TMobile One however now my data shows either no service or E instead of 4G LTE. As a result I'm now experiencing dropped calls. With Cricket I didn't have these issues.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? Could it be as simple as adusting settings? I have already powered down and it made no difference.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

ortizedgar

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018

I contacted T-Mo several times. Of course they wanted to run thru all the trouble shooting steps and I told them I had already gone thru that with no success. I specifically asked them to provision my phone, but I'm not even sure they knew what that was or how to. I went to a T-Mo store and at least they seemed knowledgeable but basically told me that the iPhone 5s was an older model and probably not compatible with their newer towers.

I had a ticket opened with their techs. When I called for a status a couple of days later they advised that the ticket was resolved and closed. I was not informed about this, nor was the issue resolved. I told them so and asked that they reopen the ticket. Still no resolution so finally I cancelled the account and switched to Cricket. Service is running as it should now.

T-Mobile unfortunately has horrible customer service.

TRENDING THREADS