7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Android 4.0 Finally Outted

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'll never buy another tablet from Samsung, and probably won't buy any phone from them either. They want to sell the hardware and then completely forget that you, as a customer, exists. There are no firmware upgrades. I've got the original Galaxy Tab and I'm stuck with Froyo!!!! In contrast, my iPhone 4.0 runs iOS 5... It is a sad day when the closed, maniacally-controlled device from Apple is kept more up to date than a device based on the "open" Android. If it was not Samsung's disrespect towards its customers I would have ditched my iPhone long ago in favor of an Android phone... but I don't want to get back to the days when to get new features you had to buy a brand new, overpriced phone! And the original Galaxy Tab, unfortunately didn't got the attention of Android developers and there is no really stable "port" of newer Android versions to its firmware!

unionoob

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
[citation][nom]loudenvier[/nom]I'll never buy another tablet from Samsung, and probably won't buy any phone from them either. They want to sell the hardware and then completely forget that you, as a customer, exists. There are no firmware upgrades. I've got the original Galaxy Tab and I'm stuck with Froyo!!!! In contrast, my iPhone 4.0 runs iOS 5... It is a sad day when the closed, maniacally-controlled device from Apple is kept more up to date than a device based on the "open" Android. If it was not Samsung's disrespect towards its customers I would have ditched my iPhone long ago in favor of an Android phone... but I don't want to get back to the days when to get new features you had to buy a brand new, overpriced phone! And the original Galaxy Tab, unfortunately didn't got the attention of Android developers and there is no really stable "port" of newer Android versions to its firmware![/citation]

Sad truth, I got first Galaxy S phone and I had to wait more then half year to get upgrade from froyo to Gingerbeard and when I upgraded it gingerbeard version was buggy and was draining battery and now I gotta wait another half year for fix >.

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]loudenvier[/nom]I'll never buy another tablet from Samsung, and probably won't buy any phone from them either. They want to sell the hardware and then completely forget that you, as a customer, exists. There are no firmware upgrades. I've got the original Galaxy Tab and I'm stuck with Froyo!!!! In contrast, my iPhone 4.0 runs iOS 5... It is a sad day when the closed, maniacally-controlled device from Apple is kept more up to date than a device based on the "open" Android. If it was not Samsung's disrespect towards its customers I would have ditched my iPhone long ago in favor of an Android phone... but I don't want to get back to the days when to get new features you had to buy a brand new, overpriced phone! And the original Galaxy Tab, unfortunately didn't got the attention of Android developers and there is no really stable "port" of newer Android versions to its firmware![/citation]
htc is the solution :)

hooray4boobies

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
My galaxy S2 is sweet. Had a battery problem, but was a crap batch apparently, and they sent a new phone to me in a week. Each to their own.
And as for the iphone...does the iphone 3g run ios 5? Does your iphone 4.0 have siri? Don't think so. So the first iteration of samsungs tablet doesnt run the latest software...there may be more to it than just throwing together an update.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i own a samsung galaxy player 4.0 and love it to death. it's my first android 'toy.' :)

i'm disappointed with dual core arm cpus only in the tab 2 7". asus 7" memo that comes out later this year will cost $250 and equipped with quad core arm cpus! i'll pass on you sammie in favor of asus for my 7" android goodness. :p

pede93063

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
Got original 2.2 tab7, now upgraded to 2.3 Android for almost a year. Have also galaxy 2 phone. All of the people who don't own neither samsung tablets nor phones I can say : "talk about it only when you know it". Tab7 is a fantastic toy and it is even helping in my business. It is great for communicating, great for keeping datas/info ready, great for its portability, skype works great, GPS works, netflix stream perfectly .... all of it in my backpocket on the go.

pede93063

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2010
' loudenvier :
I'll never buy another tablet from Samsung, and probably won't buy any phone from them either. They want to sell the hardware and then completely forget that you, as a customer, exists. There are no firmware upgrades. I've got the original Galaxy Tab and I'm stuck with Froyo!!!! "

That's B.S., my friend :eek:) original tab7 got upgrade even tho we were told upfront it would never get it.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007

Could not agree more. This really needs to be sorted out by all Android manufacturers.

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
I think everyone missed the biggest part of this release: A USB2.0 port. The first Samsung tablet ever to have a standard USB2.0 port. Took them long enough!

felipex

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
[citation][nom]pede93063[/nom]' loudenvier :I'll never buy another tablet from Samsung, and probably won't buy any phone from them either. They want to sell the hardware and then completely forget that you, as a customer, exists. There are no firmware upgrades. I've got the original Galaxy Tab and I'm stuck with Froyo!!!! "That's B.S., my friend ) original tab7 got upgrade even tho we were told upfront it would never get it.[/citation]

If you can find a version of the original Galaxy Tab running anything above Froyo in Brazil/Latin America I would agree with you...

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
Gotta be honest, this device already looks like last years specifications.

Samsung seems to be very far behind right now, in spec terms, in both phones and tablets (but especially tablets).

I wonder if this will change with the release of the SG3.

Status
Not open for further replies.