Thalious

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
So I bought a new laptop that came with Windows 10. I have software that is just not working on 10 and would like to go to 7. However, I can't boot from cd or usb for a clean install so I've launched the install from within 10. I got to the "Expanding Windows" portion of the install screen and resets...fine. But now when I boot into Windows Installer from the boot screen, it loads into the "Starting Windows" splash screen and hangs there.

I guess the first question I'm having trouble finding is, is it possible to install 7 on a new machine with 10 and what is the best way to do so?

Thalious

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Working with HP 15-af131dx.

I have used both CD and USB methods. CD seems to work the best but I can't from USB and errors at the time in BIOS/UEFI. I get to the initial install page until it hits Expanding Windows then resets to boot into Win7 at the Splash Screen saying Starting Windows and it hangs.

I'm also now questioning even doing it as HP apparently isn't going to release Win7 drivers forcing me to only use Microsoft and universal drivers to piece together the system.

WTF, is Microsoft about to jump ship on 7 & 8 forcing companies to jump ship with them into 10?