7 Reasons Not to Get a Galaxy S8 Right Now (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeromem75

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Click bait article really.
Fyi, the so called same camera is false.
It has a new sensor IMX333 for the back and I'm pretty sure it will be better than last year model which is still one of the best performers.

brock8236

Prominent
Apr 5, 2017
There are so many reasons why I disagree with this review.

I see a lot of reviews out there that state that the camera has not been upgraded. Wrong. Michael Andronico and the others did not do their research. The sensor has been upgraded as stared by Jeromem75 above. The lens has been upgraded to F1.7 which will give it better low light sensitivity and the software algorithms have been improved. The S7 had one of the best cell phone cameras out there and the S8 has improved upon it. It may not be a jaw dropping improvement but when you improve on one of the best cameras out there guess what? It's still better.

The fingerprint sensor: Everybody complains about this because of it's location. I currently have an S5 and I hold the phone in one hand and swipe the sensor with a finger on the other hand. I can just as easily do that with the S8 so whoop-de-do. IMO it's certainly not a reason to not buy this phone.

It's expensive. I agree and I don't like that but is is the best Android phone at the moment. When you have the best you can charge more and get away with it. I suspect in spite of the price sales will be brisk.

You have to pay for accessories like Dex. Duh. Name me one laptop computer that comes with a free docking station. The S8 does come with an included pair of $100 ear buds.

There are lots of alternatives. There are lots of alternatives to a Ferrari too that cost a lot less and still drive fast.

Android update woes. By the logic here everyone should only buy a Google phone because they will get updates faster. Give me a break.

Battery reputation. The Note 7 battery issue was a huge problem for Samsung. It cost them 8 Billion dollars. It was only an issue for one phone model out of many that Samsung has produced over the years. Do you really think they are going to let that happen again?

Status
Not open for further replies.