700$ Gaming Laptop?

edgarpown

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014
-PLEASE READ FULL DESCRIPTION BEFORE ANSWERING;D-

I'm an aspiring pro counter strike: global offensive gamer (I play league ESEA and we get placed really high), and the only thing keeping me from achieving stardom (derp) is that I can't practice when I'm away from home. So I need a laptop that is between 15 -17 inches in screen size, is 700$ or under, and because I occasionally play other games, can play Watch Dogs on low graphics with good FPS. I DON'T MIND IF ITS USED, REFURB, ETC... (so if the computer costs more than 700, but because its refurb/used it's 700 or less)
Also, I don't care about the trackpad, I'm gonna be using a mouse. Another thing, I don't need ridiculous amount of HD space. (I'm actually fine with 100 GB or more [I have 3 TB on my desktop:D]

Recap:
-15.6-17" screen size
-700$ or less
-Primarily for CS:GO (must do high settings on a minimum of 60 FPS)
-Can play Watch Dogs on low setting with playable FPS (I don't want to claw my eyes out)
-CAN BE REFURB/USED!!!!!

-Edgar

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
This one should be good.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314535

The i5 is sufficient for moderate gaming (CS:GO is not a very hardware intensive game) and the GPU the GT 840m can play CS:GO on ultra settings even at 1080p and is sufficient for playing Watchdogs on low settings.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M.105681.0.html
(scroll down for watchdog benchmarks)
*Note:* On medium settings at 1366 x 768 watch dogs is just shy of being playable, but setting the settings to low detail/ textures should yield playable framrates.

Hope this helps!

the acer laptop is a good deal but just be extra cautious with acer brand laptops they tend to have quality issues.

cynicalimpulse

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

I agree entirely, i normally dont recommend ACER laptops but the OP's budget made it hard to come across anything that would meet his requirements at that price point.

CS:GO was not an issue, but watch dogs is a pretty demanding game.