8th gen laptops question

Apr 1, 2018
Hello, my laptop just broke and it was out dated. My problem is currently laptops will jump into 8th gen this year and anything I buy now will be replaced in a few months. I've found 1 company that has 8th gen laptops but has no reviews and I know nothing about them.

CUK N950VR-TP6 VR Ready Gaming Notebook Laptop

If they are legit that is by far the best deal I've ever seen. If they aren't should I force myself to wait? I also need a desktop but laptop is more needed currently because I travel. I might consider building my desktop now and waiting till laptops technology catches up.

USAFRet

Illustrious

Looking in Newegg, there are a zillion "8th gen" laptops.
i3/i5/i7...

Apr 1, 2018
Sorry the main features I'm looking for is 120 hz screen and 1070 GPU. Anything scaled in that region is made with 7th gen. 8th gens are 99% integrated graphics cards

USAFRet

Illustrious

Well...if you're looking for a specific feature set, and that is not yet available...guess you'll have to wait.

If Computer Upgrade King is a legit business - and I see no evidence it shouldn't be - the suggested laptop is definitely worth looking at. But you still need to compromise: A 120 Hz screen or an 8th-gen CPU. And even CUK maxes out with a 1060 card - 1070s are only available with 7th-gens or with 60 Hz screens.

A quick run-down of the 'usual suspects' - including Eurocom and Origin - shows that your particular requirements are not compatible yet.

Also, from what I can tell the 8th-gens used by CUK are desktop CPUs - not desktop-grade, but actual desktop CPUs - with a TDP of 65W. With a 120 Hz screen - not to mention a 6GB 1060 card - the 64Whr battery will struggle to give you more than 1 hour of useful up-time just at idle.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ashaffee9 : "Has anyone heard of the company cuk"