Solved! A+ 8th Edition

Jul 31, 2018
I have a copy of CompTia A+ All-In-One 8th edition from when I bough it back in 2014. I believe the most current edition is 9th.

Will using my 8th edition to learn from do more harm than good?

Solution
I believe that the older edition will be okay. There are still lots of older systems and tech out there.

Newer editions generally are just updates for newer tech that has taken hold and possibly may cover some aspects of up and coming technologies.

Older versions also tend to have (in my mind at least) better diagrams, photographs, editing, indexes etc. because someone probably really read the final product before publishing.

New editions tend to be "rushed" to market just on the basis of being Edition "X + 1".

Study from the old book to get the basics down. Then if there is a particular topic of interest or otherwise appears incomplete, google for more information on that topic.

At some point you will realize that the older...
I believe that the older edition will be okay. There are still lots of older systems and tech out there.

Newer editions generally are just updates for newer tech that has taken hold and possibly may cover some aspects of up and coming technologies.

Older versions also tend to have (in my mind at least) better diagrams, photographs, editing, indexes etc. because someone probably really read the final product before publishing.

New editions tend to be "rushed" to market just on the basis of being Edition "X + 1".

Study from the old book to get the basics down. Then if there is a particular topic of interest or otherwise appears incomplete, google for more information on that topic.

At some point you will realize that the older Edition is all you need for now or that "yes" the 9th edition can truly contribute more to your level of knowledge and experience.

Solution