A Camera That Lets You Refocus Photos Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxikkk

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
nebun are you serious? if you're sure what are you talking about let's do this...
take photo with lens at f2.8 , portrait, focused on the head from 3-5feet. and then in PS change focus from head to bacground. I want to see that :)
good luck

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]i can do the same thing on photoshop....what's so new about his?[/citation] NO you cannot. Do not underestimate the power of the dark side.

selwe

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]...[/citation]
my dear country-mate, you know something but you're out of this subject

seems to be a cool feature

G

Firstly, why the non-related comments (spams) are allowed?

I'm excited about shot-now-and-focus-later camera since not many of us are good in handling image editors.

Sometimes you need to capture an image fast with very little time to focus.

G

If the out-of-focus information was not captured, it cannot be recreated. Sounds like some marketing trick ... and what does the demo show anyway? Nothing that I can see.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Basically the design trades off resoulution for additional information regarding light direction. With that information you do all sorts of interesting things - and since for mobile devices resolution isn't a big concern I can see this being pretty successful once the price gets down.

Most photogrophers won't like it though... because the image resolution will be very limited.

godmodder

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
It uses the same principles as light fields in computer graphics. It's quite easy to implement in fact. I know because I've done it myself ;)

proplyd

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
This is incredible – if the range is truly as much as is shown in the above photos (and if they can achieve this result at low aperture i.e. f1.8), you would basically eliminate the need to focus at all. I would still like to know if this capability is on a fixed (prime) lens or if it would work in conjunction on a zoom lens though.

lolyumadbro

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]if you can refocus after the picture is taken, why not have no focal point at all, and make the whole image crisp?[/citation]

bricks have been shat

selwe

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]MyInfoHQnet[/nom]Firstly, why the non-related comments (spams) are allowed?[/citation]
I understand what you're saying by this, but ask yourself:
What if another "great photoshoper" will belive the first one?

Now, this explanations is offtopic/spam...

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]if you can refocus after the picture is taken, why not have no focal point at all, and make the whole image crisp?[/citation]
There's those people who shoot with an f/1.4 wide open and grab crisp focus on a tiny focal point and have the rest a dreamy haze for a reason!

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]foxikkk[/nom]take photo with lens at f2.8 , portrait, focused on the head from 3-5feet. and then in PS change focus from head to bacground. I want to see that good luck[/citation]
They're making a point & shoot camera. Due to their tiny sensors these cameras have so much depth of field anyway that refocussing is pretty superfluous.
A point & shoot at f2.8 has the background in pretty good focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS