A (Fake) Sprint EVO 4G with No 4G and WinMobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

IM0001

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Would be interesting to see. The latest builds of WM6.5 have been turning out to be extremely fast over past versions and with that screen and hopefully something resembling a Snapdragon, it may be a decent nockoff. (Heck being WM6.5 it may just be a re-covered HD2 which does run Android 2.2 just fine. Duel boot FTW)

abcdeasdfasdf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Looks decent; good thing it is not fixed non-smartphone Syymbian (or whatever the thing is in iPhone knock-offs).

But putting logoes like Sprint to falsely indicate it is locked to them is counter-intuitive.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Windows = LOL. Windows Mobile = Double LOL.[/citation]
again, nobody likes your comments wotan. you should probably just terminate your account here at toms.

i'll admit though, mobile is bad.
----------------------------------------------------------

I remember one of my co-workers bought a knock-off of the first generation iphone from china. oh yeah, you could definitely tell it was made in china.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]I remember one of my co-workers bought a knock-off of the first generation iphone from china. oh yeah, you could definitely tell it was made in china.[/citation]
They're all made in china. I think you mean you could definitely tell it was a knock-off.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
"That said, probably the worst thing about the phone is that it doesn't run Android (never mind Android 2.2). Yeah, this baby is running Windows Mobile 6.5..."

Wow, biased much, Jane?

t_wilson

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2007
"Sprint doesn't have any towers in China." True, but who said that this phones would be limited to the Chinese market. Ebay anyone? I'm curious to know if the hardware is as close a match to the real thing as the exterior is.

G

wow. Jane McEntegart is totally anti CHINA and chinese government. nice to have someone that force everthing about china. almost 10/9 bad news about china that is dig out by Jane McEntegart. because of reading alot jane's article about how bad the chinese government is. I start to think about that jane may never want to visit china anyway. but even if she did. she mind not get a vista for that cause china is spying on her. just kidding. keep it up jane. I love to read about how evil china is today.

arterius2

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
I don't see what the big deal is, knock-offs in China cost around 1/10 to 1/5 the cost of the real phone, and is usually bundled with some really neat features, like Dual-SIM, TV reception, sometimes better cameras etc. Although, some knock-offs are built to resemble the original closer than others. Just like knockoff Rolex and LVs. yes I bought few knock-offs myself in China, they are pretty decent.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]again, nobody likes your comments wotan. you should probably just terminate your account here at toms.i'll admit though, mobile is bad.----------------------------------------------------------I remember one of my co-workers bought a knock-off of the first generation iphone from china. oh yeah, you could definitely tell it was made in china.[/citation]

Did it fall apart and stop working after two hours and then give him lead poisoning from handling it?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Man, these knockoffs are getting better each day. Soon you'd be hard pressed to tell which one is genuine and which one is a knockoff...that's scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.