a hardware or software problem

Ibrahim altellawi

Estimable
May 1, 2015
Recently I've been having issues with my laptop (Lenovo G520) , 10 days ago I couldn't start up, and still. It shows me that there's a problem, but self diagnosis and repair couldn't help at all. I brought it to and shop to repair it, he told me that my hard disk shows many errors, and I must change it to pass by the problem. I also tried to refresh it through a bootable device (windows 8 CD) and then to refresh it, I can go through the process, but eventually it says that my laptop shows some problems and no changes has been made. I also tried to formats the C drive,and install a new windows, but also couldn't due to an errors. That's the best I can do and explain with my knowledge about this. If anyone know what to do, that would be great. If I need to buy a new hard disk, I'm also ready for that(but I don't know how can I buy a new one, type and properties)
Waiting for ur answers.
Have a good day

D_Know_WD

Estimable
Hi there Ibrahim altellawi,

I believe it is a hardware related problem(HDD).
Is your laptop booting up or not? If it is, I would suggest you to back up the important data that is stored on the drive.
If it is not, and you need the data stored on the drive, you can try accessing it with some kind of data recovery tool for DOS. Check this thread about data recovry in DOS mode out: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/267999-32-recover-data-mode
After that, you can test the drive with some HDD testing tool for DOS in order to be sure that your HDD is dying. There are quite a lot of threads on this in the forum as well.

Regarding the HDD, I believe it should be 2.5`` wide and 7mm or 9.5mm high. It would be best if you could contact Lenovo's Support in order to be a 100% sure.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Ibrahim altellawi

Estimable
May 1, 2015
@D_know_WD.
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate that. For the problem, my laptop is not booting at all and I need the data stored in it. I've tried to look for Data restore in DOS mode, and almost all the solutions I find requires me to use Ubnutu. Actually I think that I'm not really qualified to use it because I don't have the knowledge to.
Honestly speaking, I'm thinking these days to buy a new hard disk and put it in and get my laptop working again, but a friend also told me that I need to buy one that is compatible with the motherboard. Another problem I'm having on the other side.
Anyway, thanks alot for your answer, I'll keep trying and get back to you.

Have a nice day
Ibrahim altellawi