A Headless Luke Wilson Disses Verizon in New Ad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Anyone seen AT&T's ad where they show Luke Wilson reading off a list of Postcards from all the cities they are in? If you pay attention, 80% of those cities they list are MAJOR cities where every provider is available. So frankly, it's a mute point.

However, they did list one smaller city in particular that caught my attention. Bozeman, MT. I live there, and quite frankly, everyone here will tell you that AT&T is horrible in Montana (as a whole).

Verizon dominates the market in Montana. By a huge margin.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Everyone I know that works for ATT (besides Luke Wilson, admittedly) deplores their coverage. The usable coverage (especially for their Holy Grail iPhone) is just terrible. Then, you get to an area with good enough coverage (like San Francisco) and their network is crippled by all the people constantly downloading Miley Cyrus songs from iTunes, Fart Apps from the App Store, and running SKYPE to make a f$#@%! phone call.

Give me a break!

keven000

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
I like the little footnote in the end "3G not available in all areas". Wasn't it the point of the Verizon advertising campaign in the first place...A little slower 3G everywhere is better then none....lol

Studly007

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
What a waste of money on a bad ad campaign. And when you're part of a lame ad campaign that is arguing a weak point AND losing your side of the debate - As the Face of the Ad Campaign (being Luke Wilson) - it doesn't exactly make you look smart or witty in the public eye.

Luke should have done his HW before signing on to represent AT&T and do these ridiculous ads.

G

The problem is the phone, it's Luke. There seems to be a bit more of him to download these days.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]reichscythe[/nom]So... AT&T grants consumers a superior 3G experience... in the 4 cities, nationwide, that they actually cover...[/citation]
I drove from West Palm Beach down to the Keys, through more than a dozen cities and never once lost my 3G signal on the iPhone. I was streaming music from Pandora the entire way.

G

So your point is that you had steady coverage in a small, but heavily populated section of the country along the east coast? Gee, we were so wrong about AT&T's coverage.

Seriously though, I think you're missing the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.